We're building a new migration scripts feature for SQL Source Control, and we'd like to hear what you think. This is an improved version of the migration script feature first introduced in SQL Source Control 3.
Migrations V2 supports:
- all source control systems (including Git and Mercurial)
- frequent branching and merging
- better integration with CI systems for automated deployment
- SQL Azure databases
The new migrations feature is still in beta, so we can't guarantee it will work flawlessly just yet.
- We don't recommend you use the beta for production.
- The beta hasn't been tested with other versions of SQL Source Control, so we don't recommend you link to a central repository where team members might be using other versions of SQL Source Control.
- You can’t use V2 migration scripts to make changes to the schema definition, such as renaming the schema. Scripts containing schema definition changes will fail.
- The beta doesn't pick up V1 migrations, but your migration scripts will be preserved and can be used with SQL Compare and earlier versions of SQL Source Control.
- The beta uninstalls any previous versions of SQL Source Control. If you have any problems with the beta, uninstall it and reinstall an older version of SQL Source Control.
- The beta automatically reports feature usage back to Red Gate. This is anonymous and doesn't contain any personal information.