Your computer needs:
- 512MB RAM (minimum)
- 10 MB free hard disk space
- Microsoft .NET Framework version 3.5 SP1 Client Profile or above must be installed in order for SmartAssembly to run.
- Microsoft .NET Framework version 3.5 SP1 Full Profile or above must be installed in order to install SmartAssembly.
- Jump to source code from error report requires Visual Studio 2005, 2008 or 2010.
- Access to a SQL database - see below for specific requirements.
SmartAssembly can be used with MSBuild and TFS.
Supported operating systems
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows 10
Both 32 and 64-bit operating systems are supported.
Supported SQL Server versions
You must use one of the following versions of SQL Server (SQL Express and SQL LocalDB also work):
- SQL Server 2008
- SQL Server 2008 R2
- SQL Server 2012
- SQL Server 2014
- SQL Server 2016 CTP
If you have any questions regarding the technical specification, please contact us.
System requirements to run the software modified by SmartAssembly
SmartAssembly can be used on applications based on any of the following managed-code technologies:
- .NET 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0
SmartAssembly 6.8 and later support .NET 4.5+
- Silverlight 2, 3, 4, 5
- Windows Phone 7
- XNA (Windows Phone 7 XNA, Xbox XNA, PC applications)
The application can be of any type, including Command Line, WinForms, WPF, ASP.NET or a Windows Service.
The application you build with SmartAssembly uses the same version of the .NET Framework as the original assembly.
SmartAssembly works on managed code only. If your application uses a mixture of managed and unmanaged code, the unmanaged code must not be in the main assembly. Any dependencies containing unmanaged code must be excluded in the SmartAssembly project.
Windows Store Applications (for Windows 8) aren't supported.
After SmartAssembly 6.5, the following application types are no longer supported: .NET 1.1, .NET Compact Framework 2 and .NET Compact Framework 3.5.
If the application being processed uses the new .NET 4.5 APIs, the machine on which SmartAssembly is installed must also have version 4.5 of the .NET Framework installed.
- Some features protect your assembly from further modification. You cannot use these features if you need to modify your assembly after building it with SmartAssembly.
- Some features are not available when SmartAssembly processes applications based on certain technologies. This is due to fundamental limitations in those technologies. In the table below, features that can be used are shown with a .
- Strong name signing, Merging dependencies, Pruning, Obfuscation, Basic strings encoding, and Adding an incorrect metadata stream work with all technologies.
- Error reporting is not supported on systems which have FIPS compliance enabled.
Feature support on different platforms
Compact Framework 2 & 3
Windows Phone 7
Windows Phone 7 XNA
XNA (PC applications)
Strings encoding with
Strings encoding with