Requirements to run SmartAssembly
You must run one of the following operating systems to run SmartAssembly:
- Windows XP
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
Both 32 and 64-bit operating systems are supported.
Your computer must also meet the following requirements:
- 512MB RAM (minimum)
- 10 MB free hard disk space
- Microsoft .NET Framework version 3.5 SP1 Client Profile or above must be installed in order for SmartAssembly to run.
- Jump to source code from error report requires Visual Studio 2005, 2008 or 2010.
These are the minimum technical requirements for SmartAssembly:
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 2003 Server, Windows 2008 Server, Windows 2012 Server
- Microsoft .NET Framework version 3.5 SP1 Client Profile or above*
- 512 MB RAM (minimum)
- 10MB free hard disk space
SmartAssembly can be used with MSBuild and TFS.
To use a SQL database, you must use one of the following versions of SQL Server:
- SQL Server 2005
- SQL Server 2008
- SQL Server 2008 R2
If you have any questions regarding the technical specification, please contact us.
System requirements to run the software modified by SmartAssembly
SmartAssembly can be used on applications based on any of the following managed-code technologies:
- .NET 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0.
In SmartAssembly 6.8 and later, .NET 4.5.
- Silverlight 2, 3, 4, 5
- Windows Phone 7
- XNA (Windows Phone 7 XNA, Xbox XNA, PC applications)
The application can be of any type, including Command Line, WinForms, WPF, ASP.NET or a Windows Service.
The application you build with SmartAssembly uses the same version of the .NET Framework as the original assembly.
SmartAssembly works on managed code only. If your application uses a mixture of managed and unmanaged code, the unmanaged code must not be in the main assembly. Any dependencies containing unmanaged code must be excluded in the SmartAssembly project.
- Some features protect your assembly from further modification. You cannot use these features if you need to modify your assembly after building it with SmartAssembly.
- Some features are not available when SmartAssembly processes applications based on certain technologies. This is due to fundamental limitations in those technologies. In the table below, features that can be used are shown with a .
- Strong name signing, Merging dependencies, Pruning, Obfuscation, Basic strings encoding, and Adding an incorrect metadata stream work with all technologies.
Compact Framework 2 & 3
Windows Phone 7
Windows Phone 7 XNA
XNA (PC applications)
Strings encoding with
Strings encoding with