The command line interface provides access to the functionality of SQL Compare. For example, using the command line interface you can:
- automate the comparison and deployment of database schema
- perform scheduled comparisons and deployments
- deploy multiple databases
You invoke the command line either from a script, such as a batch script or VBScript, or by using the facilities provided by compiled languages such as VB, C++ and C#.
To use the SQL Compare command line interface, you must have:
- A SQL Compare Professional Edition, SQL Developer Bundle, or SQL Toolbelt license
If you don't have a license, you can use the command line on a trial license for 14 days.
- .NET framework version 2.0 or later
This is required to run the command line interface, but it is not required when you develop applications and scripts that use the command line interface.
- MDAC 2.8 or later