For some Redgate tools, if you want to get updates more often, you can turn on Frequent Updates. We recommend Frequent Updates if you want to:
- get new features, performance improvements and bug fixes as soon as they're available
- test new versions and help make sure they're stable
- give feedback on new features and help improve Redgate tools
Installing an update is always optional.
You can get Frequent Updates for:
- SQL Compare
- SQL Data Compare
- SQL Source Control
Turning on Frequent Updates
- Under the Help menu, select Check for updates.
The Check for Updates dialog box opens:
This lists available updates.
- Click Configure visible updates.
The Configure visible updates dialog opens:
- In the dialog box, select the Show Frequent Update releases in Check for Updates checkbox and click OK.
If there are Frequent Update releases available, they're listed in the Check for Updates dialog box. To install a Frequent Update release, click Download and install.
Turning off Frequent Updates
To turn off Frequent Updates, open the Configure visible updates dialog (as in step 1 above) and clear the Show Frequent Update releases in Check for Updates checkbox. You'll no longer see Frequent Update releases in Check for Updates.
If you've already installed a Frequent Update release, you'll stay on that version until you either:
- install a newer standard update (when one is available)
- uninstall the tool, then download it from the product page and reinstall it. This returns you to the most recent standard release