In the past, Red Gate released updates for SQL Source Control every two or three weeks. However, we understand that installing updates frequently is impractical for some users.
As of 13 February 2014, SQL Source Control updates are released every three or four months. Alternatively, if you want to get updates sooner, you can turn on Frequent Updates.
About Frequent Updates
When you turn on Frequent Updates, SQL Source Control will offer you new updates every two or three weeks. We recommend this if:
- you want to get new features, performance improvements and bug fixes as soon as they're available
- you want to give feedback on new features and help shape the future of SQL Source Control
- you want to test new versions and help make sure they're stable
Turning on Frequent Updates
To turn on Frequent Updates, download and install the SQL Source Control Frequent Updates installer from the SQL Source Control product page. You don't need to uninstall your existing version of SQL Source Control.
Turning off Frequent Updates
To turn off Frequent Updates:
- Uninstall SQL Source Control.
- Download and reinstall SQL Source Control from the SQL Source Control product page.
SQL Source Control will offer you new updates every three or four months.