SQL Source Control updates are released every three or four months. If you want to get updates sooner, you can turn on Frequent Updates. We recommend this if you want to:
- get new features, performance improvements and bug fixes as soon as they're available
- give feedback on new features and help shape the future of SQL Source Control
- test new versions and help make sure they're stable
Installing an update is always optional.
Turning on Frequent Updates
To turn on Frequent Updates, download and install the SQL Source Control Frequent Updates installer from the SQL Source Control product page.
Turning off Frequent Updates
To turn off Frequent Updates:
- Uninstall SQL Source Control.
- Download and reinstall SQL Source Control from the SQL Source Control product page.