The deactivation tool enables you to deactivate a serial number on your computer so that you can reuse it on another computer. You can also use the deactivation tool to deactivate serial numbers for products that you have uninstalled.
To deactivate a serial number, your computer must have an internet connection. If you cannot deactivate a serial number, you can request additional activations for that serial number. You may need to do this if:
- your computer does not have an internet connection
- your network uses a proxy server that interrupts contact between the product and the Red Gate activation server
- your serial numbers are not displayed in the deactivation tool, for example if the product installation is corrupted
To deactivate your products:
- Start the deactivation tool; either download the tool and run the executable file, or on the Help menu of the product, click Deactivate Serial Number.
The Deactivate Serial Numbers dialog box is displayed, for example:
If you are running the executable file, the dialog box displays all the serial numbers for Red Gate products that have been activated on your computer.
If the serial number is for a bundle, all the products in the bundle are displayed under Associated products.
- Select the serial number you want to deactivate and click Deactivate.
Your deactivation request is sent to the Red Gate activation server.
- When your deactivation has been confirmed, the Deactivation successful page is displayed, for example:
If there is a problem with your deactivation request, an error dialog box is displayed. For information about deactivation errors and what you can do to resolve them, see Troubleshooting licensing and activation errors.
- Click Close. You can now use this serial number on a different computer.