You can use the deactivation tool to deactivate a serial number so you can reuse it on another computer. You can also use it to deactivate serial numbers for products you've uninstalled.
To deactivate a serial number, your computer must have an internet connection. If you can't deactivate a serial number, you can request additional activations for that serial number. You may need to do this if:
- your computer doesn't have an internet connection
- your network uses a proxy server that interrupts contact between the product and the Red Gate activation server
- your serial numbers aren't displayed in the deactivation tool (eg if the product installation is corrupted)
To deactivate your products:
- Start the deactivation tool. To do this, either download the tool and run the executable file, or on the Help menu of the product, click Deactivate Serial Number.
The Deactivate Serial Numbers dialog box is displayed. For example:
If you're running the executable file, the dialog box displays all the serial numbers for Red Gate products that have been activated on your computer.
If the serial number is for a bundle, all the products in the bundle are displayed under Associated products.
- Select the serial number you want to deactivate and click Deactivate.
Your deactivation request is sent to the Red Gate activation server.
- When your deactivation has been confirmed, the Deactivation successful page is displayed. For example:
If there's a problem with your deactivation request, an error dialog box is displayed. For information about deactivation errors and how to resolve them, see Troubleshooting licensing and activation errors.
- Click Close. You can now use this serial number on a different computer.