SQL Search 22.214.171.124 - April 28th, 2014
We're pleased to announce that SQL Search 2.0 has been released. SQL Search 2 comes with new functionality including searching in jobs, searching in multiple databases and object types, searching with booleans and wildcards, and a higher search result limit.
Download SQL Search 2.0 here.
New features and improvements
- Search in jobs.
- Select multiple object types and databases to search in.
- Improved reliability of search results.
- Improved indexing.
- Reindexing is now a single option, with a keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Alt+D (bug SDI-201).
- Search results limit is raised to 500 results per database, with the option to see all results for a particular search.
- Banner ads removed.
- Cleaner design.
- Search with % wildcard.
- Search with Boolean operators.
Can search with AND or OR, with a single NOT clause at the end of a search.
- A text preview of matches on column names is available.
- SSMS 2014 support
- SDI-91, SDI-92, SDI-115 - Delay on typing and search result limit allows initial quick searches on large databases.
- SDI-97 - Dragging the columns across the empty results pane no longer distorts the help text.
- SDI-147 - SQL Search toolbar now remembers position.
- SDI-155 - Results are shown for partially typed names.
- SDI-174 - Objects are found by their current names.
- SDI-149, SDI-183, SDI-188, SDI-196, SDI-552, SDI-559 - Can search for literal ", $, _, *, = characters, and preview will highlight and scroll.
- SDI-199 - Search result limit is now clear in the UI.
- SDI-200 - SSMS 2005's default databases for a connection is now recognized.
- SDI-410 - No longer repeatedly reindexes during searching.
- SDI-430 - No longer crashes SSMS when an XML document is open.
- SDI-442 - Can now find procedures after reconnecting.
- SDI-459 - Can now find objects if the search term is split across two rows in syscomments table.
- SDI-461, SDI-467, SDI-473 - Autobugs fixed by migration to the SIP Framework.
- SDI-522 - User profiles folders with accents in the name can be found.
- SDI-535 - Can now copy search results when an unsaved document is open.
See the troubleshooting page Unsaved documents cannot be cut or copied to the clipboard from the Miscellaneous Files project.
- SDI-553 - Objects filter is more reliable.
- SDI-544, SDI-557 - Reindexing is more reliable.
- SDI-609 - Changing the search term during a long search no longer returns incorrect results.
- SDI-570 - When exact match is on, partial matches are still highlighted in the preview window.
- SDI-611 - Using the Ctrl+Alt+D shortcut causes selected database to change to the database context of the last open query.
- SDI-615 - Matches on Unicode substrings in object body text are not highlighted.
SQL Search 126.96.36.199 - May 20th, 2014
- Avoid clashes with other tools depending on the SSMS Integration Pack
SQL Search 188.8.131.52 - December 4th, 2014
- Fixes bug where sometimes SQL Search didn't scroll to the result's position
SQL Search 184.108.40.206 - February 24th, 2015
- SDI-583 - Crash when SQL Search has been disconnected from the SQL Server