SQL Compare 11.1 release notes
Published 26 November 2014
11.1.13 - April 29th, 2015
- Project options are now listed in alphabetical order.
- Unique constraints on a table are now created immediately after the table in deployment scripts.
- SC-1196: Full-text indexes are now deployed before stored procedures when the "do not use transactions in deployment scripts" option is turned on, which fixes an issue where deployment of a full-text index and a stored procedure depending on that index would fail.
11.1.12 - April 22nd, 2015
- Full-text catalogs are created before transactions begin in deployment scripts.
- SC-7845: Snapshots created from live databases no longer contain system services.
11.1.11 - April 8th, 2015
- SC-7837: SQL Compare no longer hangs when trying to read a scripts folder containing invalid T-SQL files. This fix also means that when logging is turned on, Compare no longer produces excessively large log files in this situation.
11.1.10 - April 1st, 2015
- SC-5561: SQL Compare will trim file names generated for deployment scripts if they would exceed the maximum Windows path length.
11.1.9 - March 25th, 2015
- SC-7497: Using multiple options in a
SET STATISTICSstatement (e.g.
SET STATISTICS TIME, IO ON) in a scripts folder no longer causes an error.
- SC-7621, SC-7632: System functions are no longer incorrectly treated as objects in deployment scripts.
- SC-7750: Using the <Create Database...> command no longer causes an error when the other side of the comparison is a backup, snapshot or source control repository.
- SC-7768: SQL errors during deployment now give more detailed messages.
- SC-7820: Using the optional '=' in the
SET STOPLISTpart of an
ALTER FULLTEXT INDEXstatement in a scripts folder no longer causes an error.
11.1.8 - March 20th, 2015
Note - This version of SQL Compare, 188.8.131.52, was withdrawn due to some issues which have been resolved in 11.1.9.
11.1.7 - March 5th, 2015
- SC-7710: SQL Compare will now recognise and deploy selective XML indexes.
- SC-4542: SQL Compare should now refresh views less often; it will no longer refresh views unrelated to the deployment and will refresh no views if the 'Include Dependencies' option is disabled
- SC-7788: SQL Compare will now generate a correct existence check for certain triggers when the 'Add object existence checks' option is enabled.
- SC-7766: SQL Compare will no longer crash when refreshing a comparison containing a user-defined table type that references an XML schema collection.
11.1.5 - February 18th, 2015
SC-7587: Deploying to a scripts folder with the "Do not use transactions" option enabled no longer warns about transactions being disabled
SC-7645: Deployment scripts generated using the command line with a project file now contain the database name
SC-7707: Constraints are no longer dropped incorrectly when an index is changed and the ‘ignore constraint names’ option is enabled
SC-7757: When the 'Add object existence checks' option is enabled, generating a deployment script will no longer raise an error if a foreign key will be dropped
- The default value for the /BackupProvider switch on the command line is now Native, instead of SQB.
11.1.4 - February 11th, 2015
- SC-6280, SC-7739: Scripts folders containing partition function definitions that use non-integer partition values no longer cause an error during comparison
- SC-7342: Partition functions that differ only in precision and/or scale are now correctly detected as different
- SC-7552: SQL Compare no longer generates invalid null characters (�) in XML reports for comparisons that involve database extended properties
- SC-7718: When the 'Add object existence checks' option is enabled, existence checks are now correctly generated when altering constraint definitions
- SC-7719: When the 'use case sensitive object definition' option is disabled, tables that differ only in the casing of their schema names are no longer reported as different
- SC-7733: When the 'Add object existence checks' option is enabled, the correct 'IF EXISTS' check is now used when altering a function
- SC-7741: Differences in DATA_COMPRESSION mode in indexes on views are now correctly detected when comparing against scripts folders
- SC-7757: when the 'Add object existence checks' option is enabled, generating a deployment script will raise an error if a foreign key will be dropped
11.1.3 - January 29th, 2015
SQL Compare now has an opt-in Frequent Updates channel.
SQL Compare updates are normally released every three or four months. If you want to get updates more often, you can turn on Frequent Updates. We recommend Frequent Updates if you want to:
- get new features, performance improvements and bug fixes as soon as they're available
- test new versions and help make sure they're stable
- give feedback on new features and help improve Redgate tools
Installing an update is always optional.
Read more about Turning on Frequent Updates.
11.1.2 - January 22nd, 2015
- SC-7438: Integration with SQL Source Control now works correctly (displaying the previous revisions dialog no longer causes an error)
- SC-7060: SQL Compare now accepts the EXECUTE syntax for executing a pass-through command against a linked server, even when it includes parameters
- SC-7717: Comparing tables that use WITH DATA_COMPRESSION with the 'Database Project compatible script folder output' option turned on no longer generates invalid SQL in the deployment script
(from version 184.108.40.206)
- SC-5018, SC-6540, SC-7330, SC-7394, SC-7691: Sequences based on decimal types with non-default precisions are now correctly handled
- SC-6900: The POISON_MESSAGE_HANDLING queue option is now correctly included in deployment scripts
- SC-7610: When the 'Add object existence checks' option is enabled, the correct 'IS NOT NULL' check is now used when altering a stored procedure
- SC-7657: The column order in Clustered Columnstore Indexes is now ignored to avoid detecting false differences
- SC-7658: The transaction isolation level application option is now honoured when deploying from a source-controlled database
- SC-7661, SC-7694: Unchecking 'deploy all dependencies' no longer prevents foreign keys from being dropped and recreated (this reverts a change in behaviour introduced in version 11.0)
11.1.1 - January 15th, 2015
Note - This version of SQL Compare, 220.127.116.11, was withdrawn because it had a bug that prevented integration with SQL Source Control working correctly.
11.1.0 - November 26th, 2014
- The command line has a new switch, /empty2, which you can use as the target data source. This is useful if you want to use the SQL Packager 8 command line utility to generate a package that will create a new database.
- SC-6805: fixed the issue where SQL Server reports back statistics as relational index
- SC-7563/7586: deploying from a Source Control repository or a source-controlled database no longer generates deployment script “SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL” statement which doesn’t contain the actual value (eg SERIALIZABLE)
- SC-7602: deployment script no longer includes objects that are excluded by filters
- SC-7603: registering a SQL Server 2000 database containing functions no longer causes InvalidCastException
- SC-7622: fixed the performance issue where registration of a database containing encrypted objects with the “Decrypt encrypted objects” option turned off takes too long
- SC-7634: loading a SQL Server Database Project no longer results in an exception
- ZD-29992: running a comparison involving a database containing encrypted objects from SQL Server Management Studio no longer causes “Cannot load the Backup Reader dll” error