ANTS Memory Profiler 10.0 release notes
Published 05 June 2018
August 23rd, 2018 (10.0.4)
- Redirection to profiled .NET Core web application now works correctly on Microsoft Edge.
- Validation for .NET Core applications is now more precise.
- When profiling .NET Core 1.0 and 1.1 project files (e.g.
.csproj), missing packages will be automatically restored.
July 4th, 2018 (10.0.3)
MP-2508:AMP should no longer crash when fetching IIS application whose App Pool was incorrectly removed.
June 26th, 2018 (10.0.2)
MP-2505:Adding a new .NET Core environment variable no longer crashes after loading previous session settings.
- AMP 10 no longer warns about "expired trial" after updating from AMP 8.
- It's now possible to use both AMP 8 and AMP 10. Profiling errors should now be gone.
- You may need to reinstall AMP 8 and AMP 10 in order to repair previous installation.
June 19th, 2018 (10.0.1)
- MP-2402: Long running tasks are now automatically cancelled if another view was requested. Handling large profiling results should be improved.
- MP-2498: Profiler will not crash on startup if multiple versions of the same web browser are installed.
- MP-2500: Profiler no longer crashes when tooltip is shown over particular interface elements.
June 6th, 2018 (10.0.0)
- .NET Core 2.0 support.
- ANTS Profiler is now correctly displayed on High DPI screens.
.NET Core features
PP-3986: Added ability to provide command line arguments when profiling .NET Core applications.
- PP-3989: Fixed issues with profiling .NET Core.
- Using "Profile performance" from the ANTS Add-In no longer fails when the output assembly is an .exe.
- When the path to the .NET Core assembly is entered, the working directory path now updates.
- Improved GUI around .NET Core application's URL field.
- Added an ability to enter environment variables for profiled application.
- Incoming HTTP requests support for .NET Core.
- Allow profiling of .NET Core project files (.csproj, .vbproj, .fsproj).
MP-2400: It is now possible to configure how many objects are to show the instance list (and to disable limit altogether).
- Microsoft Edge is now shown on browser list for web application profiling.
- Process name is now visible on title bar when attaching (.NET 4+ processes).
- On IIS app list only managed applications are shown.
- Visual Studio Add-in: Ask to build out-of-date projects before profiling.
Fixed deadlock when profiling applications in sampling mode.
- PP-4009: Installation no longer fails when Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable is installed.
- PP-4022: Prevent AMP from keeping lock on profiled .exe.
- Visual Studio Add-in: Using "Profile performance" from the ANTS Add-In no longer fails when the output assembly of .NET Core project is an .exe.
- Visual Studio Add-in: Extension is now visible on Marketplace inside Visual Studio.
- Visual Studio Add-in: "About" window no longer crashes.
- MP-1814: Icons not displaying at high dpi resolutions