ANTS Memory Profiler 5.0 release notes
Published 14 December 2012
June 18th, 2009
ANTS Memory Profiler 5 is our new, completely rewritten, memory profiler. It offers the following features and benefits:
- Unparalleled performance
- Ability to take and analyse an arbitrarily large number of memory snapshots
- Support for snapshots up to 2GB (32-bit operating systems), and 4GB (64-bit operating systems)
- Arbitrary snapshot comparisons
- Summary information for profiling session, individual snapshots, and snapshot comparisons
- Large object heap fragmentation statistics
- Extremely powerful filtering options to narrow down to the objects you really need to know about
- A unique class graph view which allows you to quickly see where instances of a given class are being referenced
- A unique object retention graph, which quickly allows you to see shortest reference paths to all GC roots, which will need to be broken to fix memory leaks
- Ability to profile .NET executables, ASP.NET applications and web services in IIS and web development server, services, COM+ applications, and XBAP applications.
Before version 5.0, ANTS Memory Profiler was part of the ANTS Profiler product.