ANTS Performance Profiler 10.0 release notes
Published 04 June 2018
August 23rd, 2018 (10.0.4)
PP-4028:Jumping from Database calls view to Call tree now selects correct node.
PP-2742, PP-4029:Jumping from Outgoing HTTP requests view to Call tree now selects correct node.
PP-2712, PP-2492:Hit count for Incoming HTTP requests now has a correct value.
- Redirection to profiled .NET Core web application now works correctly on Microsoft Edge.
- Validation for .NET Core applications is now more precise.
- When profiling .NET Core 1.0 and 1.1 project files, missing packages will be automatically restored.
July 4th, 2018 (10.0.3)
MP-2508:APP should no longer crash when fetching IIS application whose App Pool was incorrectly removed.
- APP no longer requires .NET Framework 4.7 to run. It should work correctly on .NET Framework 4.0.
June 26th, 2018 (10.0.2)
PP-4036,PP-4038:Adding a new .NET Core environment variable no longer crashes after loading previous session settings.
PP-4037:It's now possible to add a .NET Core environment variable which name starts with a number.
PP-4035:Fetching an SQL query plan for parameterised queries no longer crashes the application.
- APP 10 no longer warns about "expired trial" after updating from APP 9.
- It's now possible to use both APP 9 and APP 10. Profiling errors should now be gone.
- You may need to reinstall APP 9 and APP 10 in order to repair previous installation.
June 19th, 2018 (10.0.1)
MP-2498: Profiler will not crash on startup if multiple versions of the same web browser are installed.
June 6th, 2018 (10.0.0)
Portable PDB support.
- .NET Core support.
.NET Core features
PP-3986: Added ability to provide command line arguments when profiling .NET Core applications.
- PP-3989: Fixed issues with profiling .NET Core.
- Using "Profile performance" from the ANTS Add-In no longer fails when the output assembly is an .exe.
- When the path to the .NET Core assembly is entered, the working directory path now updates.
- Improved GUI around .NET Core application's URL field.
- Added an ability to enter environment variables for profiled application.
- Incoming HTTP requests support for .NET Core.
- Allow profiling of .NET Core project files (.csproj, .vbproj, .fsproj).
PP-3985: Added option for exporting database calls to APP command line.
- Microsoft Edge is now shown on browser list for web application profiling.
- Process name is now visible on title bar when attaching (.NET 4+ processes).
- Improved behaviour of "Find" bar on Call tree.
- On IIS app list only managed applications are shown.
- Visual Studio Add-in: Ask to build out-of-date projects before profiling.
Fixed deadlock when profiling applications in sampling mode.
PP-4008: Hit counts for generic methods are now correctly calculated.
- PP-4009: Installation no longer fails when Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable is installed.
- PP-4022: Prevent APP from keeping lock on profiled .exe.
- PP-3573: Results not displaying properly at high dpi resolutions
- PP-3310: Call tree not displaying properly at high dpi resolutions
- PP-3309: Control bar labels not aligned properly
- PP-3013: Filter selection truncated at high dpi resolutions
- Visual Studio Add-in: Using "Profile performance" from the ANTS Add-In no longer fails when the output assembly of .NET Core project is an .exe.
- Visual Studio Add-in: Extension is now visible on Marketplace inside Visual Studio.
- Visual Studio Add-in: "About" window no longer crashes.