.NET Reflector 7.5 release notes
Published 17 July 2013
- Reflector automatically detects the winmd directory, and can load the contained files into the assembly list
- The ROB now remembers its state each time you close & re-open Visual Studio
- Check For Updates will automatically update the Visual Studio Integration from older add-ins and packages
- Fixed several com exceptions, mostly relating to race conditions
- Updated the trial dialog string
February 13th, 2012 - version 7.5
- Many string changes to make things easier to understand
- Assorted design changes to dialogs and screens
- Improvements to the installation experience of the package
- Improved the speed of type by type decompilation
- Improved handling of the case where the add-in is superseded by the package (we remove the old menu items)
- Error reporting experience is more fine-tuned. Users have options to be notified of work-arounds and fixes
- Hide menu items such as "enable debugging", instead of just disabling them
- Make "enable debugging" work on all items of the tree, rather than just the top level assembly item
- "Go to decompiled definition" more commonly enabled.
- Setting a break point causes the necessary PDB file to be automatically generated
- Decompiled code can now be stepped-into like any other code
- Attempting to step into inaccessible code triggers instructions on how to debug it correctly
- Multiple PDBs can now be generated in parallel
- PDB generation can currently take a little time, especially if you're generating several or the assemblies are particularly large
- The trial dialog screen has been updated to be more informative and clear
- Re-introduced "Go to Decompiled Definition" right-click menu item
- Improved support for 'Go to Definition'(F12) in code without source
- A number of simple usability enhancements
- A number of licensing and installation bug fixes
- Added support for 'Go to Definition'(F12) in code without source
- Improved path to decompiled code
- Improved path to pdb generation for code you want to debug
- Completed move to a VS Package
- Started transition from a VS Add-in to a VS Package
- Added support for VS11
- Turned on SmartAssembly feature usage reporting on by default for all EA builds
- Added loaded project references to the Reflector Object Browser (ROB)
- Double click on any type in the 'ROB' to decompile in a new VS editor pane
- Added a Reflector 'Go to Definition' context menu item to navigate through code without source
- Added a new 'Reflector Object Browser'(ROB) into Visual Studio (will eventually offer decompilation by type inside VS)
- Changed the way Reflector shows the version number to display the correct build number
- Bug fixes:
- "Open in Reflector" context menu not working.
- XAML Source Code is incorrectly delimited.
- Missing end tag in XAML Translation.
- Code generation for different versions of the same assembly
- 'Flatten Namespaces' dialog
- Various decompilation and assembly-loading problems have been fixed drop us a note if you'd like to know more.
Note: This is not an exhaustive list. This has been compiled from blog and forum posts, but will much more representative from V7.5 onwards.