HyperBac 2 release notes
Published 06 February 2015
- Shrink Fast algorithm introduced.
- Performance improvements for write operations (backups, exports) using the Shrink or Deflate algorithms.
- Improved messaging for out of disk space errors.
- Resolved issues with initialization on encrypted archives.
- Added Processor Affinity capability for HyperBac Registrations.
- Added support for xcopy operations with integrated compression/encryption.
- Enhanced support for compressed/encrypted DTS operations.
- Improved HyperBac Configuration Manager interface.
- Resolved issues with remote file backup indexing on some systems.
Version 2.6 introduces a new Configuration file (hyperbac.conf) format. Previous versions of the Configuration file (hyperbac.conf format) are not compatible with version 2.6.
- Improved performance for AES encryption operations.
- Enhanced status notification architecture and event logging.
- Automatic file extension association in Windows Explorer for HyperBac Archive Files.
- Resolved issues with concurrent file handling.
- Resolved issues with dynamic backup file indexing on remote systems.
Changes to default HyperBac program files directories are implemented in this version.
- New, improved HyperBac Configuration Manager application.
- New, improved system tray Status Manager application.
- Extended debug and logging capabilities.
- Resolved issues with compatibility with specific remote storage drivers.
- Resolved issues with service heartbeat on systems under heavy load.
- Updated license management, including added security and consolidation of licenses per company.
- Resolved intermittent service issues on Windows 2000 systems.
- Installation support for SQL Server 2005 Named Instances.
- ZIP32 and ZIP64 output file format support.
- HyperBac Status Manager application added.
- Backup performance improvements for multi threaded systems.
- Restore performance enhancement for large files.
- Extended support for USB mass storage devices.
- Reboot no longer required for new installations.