HyperBac 4 release notes
Published 06 February 2015
Users will need to perform a reboot after uninstalling previous versions.
No reboots are necessary on a system that did not previously have HyperBac installed.
- Release of SQL Server Virtual Restore Wizard, allowing users to mount a live database direct from backup files.
- Resolution for issues occurring on systems with limited available memory.
- Embedded support included for Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services backups.
- Resolution for performance issues on certain IA64 systems.
- Resolution for issues pertaining to HyperBac service stopping under specific conditions.
- OLEDB object level recovery provider support for detached data files.
- Resolution for service hanging under specific conditions.
- Resolution for issues pertaining to DEFLATE compatible format backup operations on affected systems.
- Extended system support for OLEDB object level recovery provider.
Supports full random I/O (HyperBac Online).
- Unlimited open file handles to HyperBac files.
- Support for multiple database schemas in the Backup Explorer object recovery OLEDB provider.
- New format option to enable dynamic index creation for object level recovery during a SQL Server backup operation.
- Enhancements to HyperBac Configuration Manager.
- Improved logging and debug capabilities.
- Resolution for service stopping intermittently due to erroneous HeartbeatTimeout condition.
- Resolution for driver load order conflicts under certain circumstances.