SQL Storage Compress 5 release notes
Published 06 February 2015
Version 5. 2 - February 17th, 2011
Minor bug fixes and engine updated due to release of SQL Virtual Restore 2.3.
Version 5.1 - November 10th, 2010
Updated version due to release of SQL Virtual Restore 2.2.
Version 5.0.33 - September 23rd, 2010
Updated version to be able to release SQL Virtual Restore 2.1.
Version 5.0 - August 25th, 2010
SQL Storage Compress 5.0 includes the following changes and enhancements:
- SQL Storage Compress 5.0 is now available to trial and purchase as a standalone tool. Formerly known as HyperBac Online in versions 4.xx and earlier, it was previously available as an optional functionality module to purchase with HyperBac for SQL Server 4.xx and earlier, now renamed as SQL HyperBac.
- Support for multiple backup types: SQL Storage Compress supports full, differential and transaction log backups created with native SQL Server, SQL HyperBac and SQL Backup Pro (version 6.xx).
- SQL Storage Compress 5.0 includes performance improvements over versions 4.xx and earlier.
- New Support documentation.
- New name, logo and visual identity.
In addition, SQL Storage Compress 5.0 and future versions will now be available to download from www.red-gate.com, following the acquisition of HyperBac Technologies by Red Gate Software. Prior to the release of SQL Storage Compress 5.0, a different product name, HyperBac Online, and visual identity was in use in version 4.x and earlier, formerly available from www.hyperbac.com.
Note for HyperBac Online customers using versions 4.x and earlier
If you own a license of HyperBac Online 4.xx or earlier, you can download the latest version by logging in to your customer account on www.hyperbac.com or by downloading a trial from www.red-gate.com/sqlstoragecompress and activating the license.
Please note that HyperBac Online customers using version 4.xx and earlier will need to contact Red Gate for a new serial key to activate a version 5 license. This is due to licensing changes made in the new build.
For a new serial key, please contact us:
US toll free: 1 866 997 0380
or: +44 (0)1223 437 907
Please note that this is a major driver upgrade, so existing HyperBac Online customers will need to perform a reboot to complete the upgrade. All products using HyperBac technology on your computer must be updated to use the new engine. Other products using HyperBac technology include SQL HyperBac and SQL Virtual Restore.