SQL Backup Pro 10.1 release notes
Published 14 January 2020
PLEASE NOTE: After Installing or upgrading to the V10 GUI, any registered servers using V9.* or earlier server components version will be advised of a mandatory upgrade to V10 server components. This is due to the changes in the Cloud Storage feature (formerly known as Hosted Storage).
10.1.7 - November 18th, 2020
- SB-5979 Cloud copies are no longer displayed as network copies.
- Updated copyright text to standard format.
- TLS version 1.2 is now explicitly supported by the Hosted Storage Client's uploads to Azure and Amazon S3.
10.1.6 - August 17th, 2020
- SB-5971 Removed strong naming from SQL Backup.
- Replaced the log4net logging library with Serilog. A vulnerability has been reported in log4net (CVE-2018-1285, CVSS 9.8), and although SQL Backup is not subject to the vulnerability, we have removed log4net to help avoid false positives in automated security scans.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have ever modified the logging configuration of the Hosted Storage Client (to change the location of the log files, for example), then you will need to reapply your customisation to the new logging configuration file. Please contact Redgate Support if you think you may be affected.
10.1.5 - June 10th, 2020
- Updated SQLite dependency to version 1.0.113.
- Additional logging to assist with support issues.
10.1.4 - May 22nd, 2020
- SRP-13053 Cumulative updates to SQL Backup's dependencies.
- SB-5958 Fix standalone deletion bug.
- SB-5961 Update internal dependencies.
- SB-5959 Fix bug with the standalone deletion function.
10.1.3 - April 30th, 2020
- ZD-157253 Updated logging configuration for SQL Backup's hosted storage client, adds a log4net.config file that can be customized to change the logging location, for example.
- Updated Azure and Amazon AWS S3 dependencies in SQL Backup's hosted storage client.
10.1.2 - April 21st, 2020
- Fixed a licensing issue that caused agents to become unlicensed when upgrading to 10.1.1.
10.1.1 - April 16th, 2020
- SB-154207 Added support for deleting backups based on SOURCEINSTANCES
- Security Updates - Updated dependency components
10.1.0 - January 13th, 2020
- SQL Backup now requires .NET Framework 4.7.2 or later
- Improved error handling when reading compressed backups