SQL Static Code Analysis Rules
Published 30 May 2017
The issues that SQL Code Guard supports are grouped into categories. Choose the appropriate category to see a full list, together with details about them:
- Best practice rules — Adhere to good industry practices.
- Deprecated rules — T-SQL keywords or syntax discontinued by Microsoft.
- Execution rules — Identify issues that may be problematic upon execution.
- Miscellaneous rules — Rules that don't fall under one of the other categories.
- Naming convention rules — Naming convention rules
- Performance rules — Use of SQL that could cause performance problems.
- Script rules — Issues to do with the SQL script and not the SQL itself.
- Style rules — Code style issues.