SQL Monitor 4.0 release notes
Published 08 July 2015
January 8th, 2014
- Performance diagnostics - analyze the waits and queries affecting SQL Server performance on the Instance overview and Database overview pages. You can:
- use the new Top 10 waits table to see what types of waits were affecting the system, how long SQL Server spent waiting, and which queries were affected (Instance overview only).
- use the redesigned Top 10 queries table to see which queries used the most resource, how long they took to execute, and which waits occurred.
- see the query statement and the batch from which it originated. You can also see the query plan handle as a SELECT statement that you can run in SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) to show the execution plan.
- see detailed descriptions and expert troubleshooting advice for the most common waits.
- Support added for deadlock trace flag 1222 for SQL Server 2005 and later.
- Rewind time control redesigned - on the Overview pages, buttons representing common time increments let you go back and forward in time more quickly.
- Trace warning - on the Configuration > Trace page, a warning icon is displayed to make it easier to see which instances have trace enabled.
- Database list collapsed - the Instance overview shows five databases and collapses the others in an expandable list, so it’s easier to see the performance data and diagnostics.
Upgrading to SQL Monitor 4.0
SQL Monitor 4.0 is a major upgrade from SQL Monitor 3.5. If your current license includes a valid support and upgrades package for SQL Monitor 3.x, the same license serial number will automatically activate SQL Monitor 4.0.
If your v3.x license does not include support and upgrades, SQL Monitor will upgrade to a 14-day trial of v4.0. You cannot roll back to the previous 3.x version, so we recommend that you install a trial version of v4.0 on a separate machine. For more information, see Upgrading to a later version of SQL Monitor.
The Analysis pages may be slow if you're using Internet Explorer 7 and 8. For the best SQL Monitor experience, please update Internet Explorer.