SQL Prompt 10.0 release notes
Published 29 October 2019
SQL Prompt 10.0.11 - February 5th 2020
- Added suggestions support for new permission types in SQL Server 2019.
- SP-7952 : Fixed an issue with columns sometimes not being qualified when qualifying object names.
- SP-7983 : Fixed an issue with some functionality not appearing for servers connected using Windows authentication.
SQL Prompt 10.0.10 - January 29th 2020
- Fixed an issue that caused SSMS to crash when connecting to an Azure server using Multi-Factor Authentication
SQL Prompt 10.0.9 - January 28th 2020
- Added Azure support for the following 33 built-in T-SQL functions:
- SP-7960 : Find Invalid Objects no longer tries to analyse databases that are being filtered out.
- SP-7967 : Fixed an issue where schema filtering settings were being lost when saving options.
- SP-7964 : SQL Prompt no longer tries to cache a server when suggestions are disabled.
SQL Prompt 10.0.8 - January 16th 2020
- SP-7926 : The Code Analysis and Action List icons now correctly reposition themselves when moving SSMS/VS or any query windows.
- SP-7931 : The previous release undid the modification to ensure keywords were suggested in preference to snippets when using ranked suggestions, which is now reintroduced.
- SP-7939 : Computed columns such as
SELECT COUNT(*) ...now appear correctly in the suggestions box when the context is valid.
- SP-7953 : Fixed text filtering of reserved and semi-reserved T-SQL keywords in suggestions so they match word boundary and camel case correctly (e.g.
TIMEwill now match
- SP-7954 : The heading text is no longer clipped in the Data(DML) panel of the edit styles dialog.
- SP-7955 : Added support for T-SQL scalar cryptographic built-in function IS_OBJECTSIGNED.
SQL Prompt 10.0.7 - January 9th 2020
- SP-7874 : SQL Prompt now correctly suggests `BINARY` when writing `CREATE CERTIFICATE` statements.
- SP-7907 : Improved handling of keywords when using ranked suggestions.
- SP-7909 : Fixed filtering of string literals and SQL scripting variables when using ranked suggestions.
- SP-7928 : The `Qualify Object Names` refactoring will now prefer synonyms over other database objects if there is any ambiguity.
- Improved handling of CamelCase matches when using ranked suggestions.
SQL Prompt 10.0.6 - December 18th 2019
- SP-7904 : Fixed an issue which would prevent navigation of the Tab History menu with the keyboard after a group expander was interacted with.
- SP-7920 : SQL Prompt now respects selection limits when multiple snippet selection placeholders (e.g. $SELECTIONSTART$/$SELECTIONEND$ and $CURSOR$) are used in the same snippet.
- SP-7930 : Fixed a crash relating to an 'unknown style name' when typing in a query window.
- SP-7931 : Fixed an issue where snippets were being suggested in preference to keywords.
SQL Prompt 10.0.5 - December 11th 2019
- SP-7876 : Fixed formatting bug that could generate broken T-SQL when using whitespace characters in Three or Four Part Names.
- SP-7885 : Fixed an issue which caused the suggestions box to show when typing within a string literal.
- SP-7891 : When writing a subselect on the same table, SQL Prompt now suggests columns from both the inner and outer instance of the table.
SQL Prompt 10.0.4 - December 3rd 2019
SP-7908 : Fixed bug in previous release that prevented saving of user-defined custom aliases in the SQL Prompt options.
SQL Prompt 10.0.3 - December 3rd 2019
The Remove tabs older than this command in Tab History no longer removes starred tabs.
- SP-7875 : When typing to narrow down suggestions, snippets will now appear at the top if they are an exact match.
- SP-7877 : Fixed a problem where columns were being incorrectly selected/deselected when using the column picker.
- SP-7893 : Insert Semicolons now correctly handles all permutations of `COMMIT` statements.
SQL Prompt 10.0.2 - November 21st 2019
SP-7879 : Fixed a crash that could occur when displaying the Check for Updates (CFU) pop-up.
SP-7880 : Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause SET LOCK_TIMEOUT to parse incorrectly when supplied with a value of -1.
SQL Prompt 10.0.1 - November 13th 2019
- SP-7846 : The options for column alias styles that surround the alias in single quotes have been changed to use double quotes, which is the recommended style.
- SP-7857 : Insert Semicolons no longer inserts a semicolon after GET CONVERSATION GROUP statements.
- SP-7861 : Square brackets are no longer added around collation names in some scenarios.
- SP-7863 : The version of the 'chk' snippet we shipped in Prompt 10 was faulty and did not match the original and correct version in Phil's article.
- SP-7869 : We also updated the 'tvc' snippet to handle incorrect characters in column names as reported in our forums and kindly fixed by Phil Factor.
SQL Prompt 10.0.0 - November 6th 2019
Over the past year we’ve been making improvements on all the most popular features of SQL Prompt, and now we’re pleased to announce version 10. This includes:
- Ranked suggestions (this is now the default).
- Tab History improvements.
- New auto-fixes.
- SQL Server 2019 support. Please check our requirements page for more details.
- Added several snippets created by Phil Factor in our product learning articles.
- chk - Creates an extended event session, runs the code you want to test, extracts the output and then stops the session.
- eata - An improved version of the ata snippet, so that it enforces certain coding standards, such as specifying whether the column accepts NULL values, and ensuring the new column is well-documented.
- timings - Wraps a simple timings test harness around the selected code.
- tvc - Automatically create a table variable (or temp table) in which to store the results of (for example) executing a stored procedure, function or query.
- Added two snippets to control script formatting: 'foff' (disable) and 'fon' (enable).
- SP-7851 : Open tabs in tab history now appear within the correct grouping.
Support for SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005 has been removed. Please check our requirements page for more details.
Removed built-in snippets 'j', 'neo' and 'yell'.