SQL Prompt 8.0 release notes
Published 09 May 2017
Version 188.8.131.526 - September 6th, 2017
- SP-6580 : Fix Azure active directory universal authentication not working in SSMS 17.2.
- SP-6590 : Prevent SQL Prompt Pro being shown as SQL Prompt Core in Visual Studio.
Version 184.108.40.2067 - August 30th, 2017
- Fix :Crash reporting no longer causes hard crashes on IDE.
Version 220.127.116.116 - August 23rd, 2017
- Improve error popup to ask users for their email address when an error occurs.
- SP-6454 :No longer convert columns in OUTPUT clauses to the 'alias = column' style.
- SP-6562 :Add support for CREATElogontrigger statements.
- SP-6565 :Fix ALTER COLUMN ENCRYPTION KEY statements having semicolons inserted in the incorrect position.
- SP-6564 :Fix formatting failing when a SEND ON CONVERSATION statement has no message type.
- SP-6571 :Fix format of MERGE statements when used as a table reference
- Fix :The 'Place FROM table on new line' option now affects tables in DELETE statements.
- Fix :"Trust Server Certificate" being required when connecting with SQL Server Authentication inSSMS2016 and higher.
- Fix :Possibility to block for 10 seconds when closing due to usage reporting.
Version 18.104.22.1686 - August 09th, 2017
- SP-6082 :Fix High DPI issues when editing formatting styles.
- SP-6088 :Snippet editor now detects the new TRY_CAST syntax as a command.
- SP-6452 :Multiple constraints in the same CREATE or ALTER TABLE statements now break correctly.
- Fix:Fixed Prompt keyboard bindings assignment onfirstrun ofSSMS2012 andSSMS2014.
Version 22.214.171.1247 - July 26th, 2017
- SP-6449 :Fix alternate alias change to AS alias when usedfunctionwithout space between FROM keyword.
Fix out of memory exception caused by repeatedly checking licensing information on system time change.
Version 126.96.36.1990 - July 19th, 2017
- SP-6438 :Fix documentation links being incorrectly available forin-builtCLR functions.
- SP-6440 :Fix 'Find unused variables' not detecting assignment in UPDATE statements.
- SP-6441 :Fixstackoverflowcrashfor parse issue with a CREATE PROCEDURE script using an unknown function.
- SP-6444 :Improved word boundary matching used in suggestions and action lists.
- SP-6446 :Fix default values for T-SQL date and time data types in auto completion.
- SP-6447 :Fix formatting alter database statements with CURRENT keyword.
- SP-6456 :Hotfix for schema tooltips not showing.
Version 188.8.131.528 - July 05th, 2017
- SP-6358 :Fix FETCH .. INTO statements not right aligning to FETCH token.
- SP-6382 :Add new option to not place the JOIN keywords on a new line.
- SP-6397 :The 'Align Aliases' option now applies to table aliases in JOIN statements.
- SP-6414 :Align subsequent sub-clauses in an OVER clause to the PARTITION token.
SP-6423 :Fixsubqueriesin JOIN statements aligning toincorrecttoken.
SP-6428 :Fix failure when formatting ALTER TABLE .. REBUILD.
SP-6430 :Fix inline EXEC in SSMS2016.
SP-6432 :Fixinsertsemicolonin AlterDatabaseStatement with QUERY_STORE ALL parameter.
SP-6433 :Prevents a potential crash duringSSMSshutdown(tabcoloringdeactivation).
SP-6436 :Fix 'Collapse short DDL statements' not applying to CREATE and ALTER INDEX statements.
SP-6437 :Fix bug removing space between CASE and WHEN keywords inspecificcase.
Version 184.108.40.2068 - June 21st, 2017
- SP-6424 :Fix failure on firstautocomplete.
- SP-6379 :Fix error with BETWEEN in an IIF call.
- SP-6370 :Fix rename alias not working withfunctioncall in create procedure statement.
- SP-6377 :Fix spaces around BETWEEN.
- SP-6425 :Fix random failure atstartofinstallationprocess.
- SQL Prompt now requires .Net Framework 4.6.1 or later. You can download it from:https://www.microsoft.com/net/download/framework.
Version 220.127.116.117 - June 14th, 2017
- SP-6366 :Fix for error with backwards compatible CREATE INDEX options.
- SP-6368 :Fix IN statement opening parenthesis option not working with subqueries.
- SP-6371 :Several performance improvements to stylefilenameI/O operations.
- SP-6372 : Add support for inbuilt aggregate function GROUPING_ID().
Version 18.104.22.1688 - June 7th, 2017
- SP-6321 : Fix for 'Invalid name character in Workstation ID' issue.
- SP-6345 : Fixed DB population of a SQL2005+ linked server when running in a SQL 2000 environment.
- SP-6348 : Indent body of create view.
- SP-6352 : 'Collapse short DML statements' option not working with some WHERE breaking combinations.
- SP-6356 : Column list indent and 'Align items across clauses' not working always.
- SP-6361 : Add support for 'ALTER DATABASE SCOPED CONFIGURATION'.
- SP-6362 : Format 'CREATE VIEW' columns correctly.
- SP-6365 : Nested clause indent support (Insert/select statement).
- Fix : Prevent crash when user attempts to rename to same style name.
- Fix : Prevent file overwrites when using invalid path characters in style names during style renames.
Version 22.214.171.1243 - May 24th, 2017
- Added basic support for connecting to SQL Server 2017.
- Allow renaming styles in edit mode.
- SP-6213 : Format exec parameters as insert source.
- SP-6250 : Fix Active Directory Universal authentication.
- SP-6253 : Type column overlayed.
- SP-6268 : New option to insert table on new line.
- SP-6330 : INLINE EXEC chops off END when sproc body is wrapped in BEGIN/END.
- SP 6334 : SQL Prompt 8 have issues formatting options HAVING BETWEEN.
- SP-6335 : Fix right align where exists.
- SP-6338 : Fix where condition in parenthesis not breaking.
- SP-6340 : Formatting/multiple collapse interaction.
- SP-6342 : Comments swapping on same line.
Version 126.96.36.1991 - May 11th, 2017
- Improved Formatting options (UserVoice)
The formatting styles are now much more customizable. We've added many new options based on your feedback. Some of the new features include:
- Add options for CASE WHEN ELSE END (UserVoice)
- Disable SQL Prompt on certain blocks of code (UserVoice)
- Quick switching between styles (UserVoice)
- Indent comments consistent with code (UserVoice)
- Support a common intending option for SELECT (UserVoice)
- Expose all formatting options in the UI (UserVoice)
- Format common table expressions (CTEs) (UserVoice)
- Simple, but toggle indenting of else if statements (UserVoice)
- Column aliases alignment (UserVoice)
- Moving commas from "end" to "start" is always buggy when comments exist (UserVoice)
- Remove extra space between statements option is needed (UserVoice)
- Line up type declarations (UserVoice)
- Place semicolon on new line (UserVoice)
- Option to place Table names on the same line as the keyword (UserVoice)
- Do not indent FROM and WHERE clauses (UserVoice)
- Merge command formatting options (UserVoice)
- Support for SSMS 2017 and Visual Studio 2017.
Please note that this release no longer supports SSMS 2008 R2 or earlier versions.