SQL Search beta program
Published 27 February 2014
Spring 2014 beta program
We're planning to release an update to SQL Search around the end of April 2014. In preparation for the release, we've created a beta mailing list for those who would like try early releases. You can sign up for the beta list here.
If you have feedback on the beta, please email the team.
4th beta release - April 16th, 2014
Since our third beta, we've added a load of new functionality to SQL Search, which we’re pleased to release in the fourth, and final, beta of SQL Search 2.
The new features in this beta include:
- Search for wildcards (eg ‘Customer%’)
- Search for booleans (eg ‘Customer NOT CustomerID’ or ‘CustomerName OR CustomerID’)
- Search across multiple databases
- Searching computed column definitions and other text
- See the column definition for table results
- A number of bug fixes from the second beta
- A new, cleaner look
If you can't see the SQL Search button after installing the beta, check that the Redgate toolbar is set to visible by right-clicking in the toolbar area:
3rd beta release - March 25th, 2014
Indexing is more accurate, and more reliably tracks changes to database.
2nd beta release update - March 5th, 2014
A small update to the second beta release to address performance issues when clicking on the object explorer.
2nd beta release - February 27th, 2014
The second release contains some new features. SQL Search now enables you to:
- Search jobs and job steps
- Remove the results limit to see all results (SQL Search had been limited to 150 results per database)
- Select multiple objects
1st beta release - February 25th, 2014
We've made major changes to how SQL Search is loaded into SSMS, which should make SQL Search easier for us to maintain. This first beta is primarily to test that upgrading to this new loader works smoothly.