Setting up the TFS Build plugin
Published 23 May 2016
This plugin is an extension to Visual Studio. The machines you install it on must have access to your version-controlled scripts folder. To install:
- If you haven't done so already, on the machines running your build agents, install the latest version of DLM Automation.
- Go to the DLM Automation add-ons webpage.
- In the Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) section, click Download plugin.
- After the TFSBuildPlugin.vsix installer file has downloaded, double-click it to start the installer.
- When installation is complete, restart Visual Studio.
- On the machines running your build agents, open Windows Services (services.msc).
- In the list of services, right-click on Visual Studio Team Foundation Build Service Host [year] and select Restart.
You're now ready to use the plugin. See Using the TFS Build plugin.