Data Masker for Oracle 6.0
Published 15 April 2019
Deprecation of UI command line
Using DataMasker.exe to automate masking sets runs has been deprecated in 6.1.1 and will be removed in the next major release of Data Masker. To automate running of masking sets use DataMaskerCmdLine.exe instead.
To aid migration, Data Masker 6.1.1 includes an additional command line flag (-G) to DataMasker.exe to generate PARFILEs suitable for DataMaskerCmdLine.exe.
December 20th 2019 - Data masker 6.1.10
Increase the scale and precision of numbers supported by floating point data sets.
December 19th, 2019 – Data Masker 6.1.9
Fixed an issue running masking sets that affect a large number of rows or columns.
Keep trailing semicolons when running cross database commands.
December 18th, 2019 – Data Masker 6.1.8
- Added a "Check for Updates" option to the "Help" menu to manually check for new updates.
December 16th, 2019 – Data Masker 6.1.7
- Visual improvements to the Import/Export Mask Plan form
- #149279 Don't show 'Rule Generation By Column' in sync manager when substitution template has more than one column.
- Fixed an issue where default masking set options weren't applied to new masking sets.
- Fixed layout issues on the rules, tables, rule statistics and run statistics tabs.
- Fixed an issue where counts of column by sensitivity are incorrect while filtering after importing plan data.
- Ensure that the new rules window is centered in relation to the main window.
November 7th, 2019 – Data Masker 6.1.6
- Added filtering feature to the sensitivity column on table tab.
- Changed plan summary on tables tab to be more expressive.
November 4th, 2019 - Data masker 6.1.5
Enhancements in tables tab
We've made a number of changes to the tables tab to make it a better place to understand your schema and know what needs to be masked.
- Schemas are summarized in the "Plan Summary" column as well as tables.
- The terminology has been changed from "Must Mask" and "No Mask" to "Sensitive" and "Nonsensitive".
- Table, columns, and schemas that either haven't been categorized or have been categorized as sensitive but haven't been affected by any rule have their "Plan Summary" and "Matches Plan" columns highlighted in bold.
- Added CSV support for Masking Plan Import/Export.
- New mechanism of CSV import and export for masking plan has defaulted to export and import buttons in the controller.
Improve context menu in tables tab
- Add new commands:
- Apply sensitivity across multiple tables and columns.
- Create a substitution rule for all columns marked "Sensitive" on a table.
- View rules that affect a table or column with "Show Rules Targeting Table/Column".
- Find identically named columns.
- Reorganize menus
- Allows adding a cross-database table to table rule to sync manager.
- Show warning message box when creating a cross-server table to table rule.
October 17th, 2019 – Data Masker 6.1.4
- Generate default description for rules.
- #2746 Fixed an issue where using the "Dates, Random (as Text)" dataset would fail when updating a column smaller than 8 characters.
- Fixed an issue where re-opening a form would not remember the previous maximised state.
- #147359 The trigger manager editor now correctly shows the trigger's name instead of the trigger's table.
September 26th, 2019 – Data Masker 6.1.3
- Version 5 masking sets can now be imported directly from the open dialog.
- #2689 Fixed issue where correlated datasets always updated the column to NULL.
- Fixed an issue where the command line logs would show the incorrect value for "MatchesPlan" under masking statistics.
September 17th, 2019 – Data Masker 6.1.2
- Add the number of rule workers to the toolbar.
- Changed table plan summary to unknown if some of its columns are unknown.
- Added rule creation option in the context menu on the table tab.
- Removed the confirmation dialog in column finder.
- Renamed the tab name in the main page to simplify understanding.
- Improved how certain rule type names are displayed.
- Improved performance running masking sets with a large number of short-running rules.
- #2640 Added the option to truncate the Statistics Tables before each run.
September 4th, 2019 – Data Masker 6.1.1
- Added an option to UI command line to generate parameter file.
- Added deprecation warning to UI command line.
- Added unique number option for Spanish NIF numbers.
- Fixed an issue where some masking sets would fail to open.
- Fixed an issue where operations in a search and replace could not be disabled.
August 14th, 2019 – Data Masker 6.1.0
- Improved the accessibility of actions and tools by providing a menu and toolbar.
- Redesigned the connection window and rule selection window.
- Fixed an issue that caused view column data in substitution rule didn't work.
July 11th, 2019 – Data Masker 6.0.5
- Table-To-Text rules in a sync manager can now be used cross database.
- Fixed the default sort order to be by "Rule#" when displaying rules.
July 4th, 2019 – Data Masker 6.0.4
- The rhino progress bar and option are removed.
- Make the 'New Rule' button more prominent on the 'Rules in Set' tab.
- Fixed a race condition that could occur when running from the command line.
- Fixed an issue which incorrectly reported all previous releases of version 6 of Data Masker as version 6.00.00.
- Fixed an issue preventing rows from being able to be removed from a sync manager.
May 20th, 2019 – Data Masker 6.0.3
- Fixed an issue that caused viewing data for a table to be non-functional
May 9th, 2019 – Data Masker 6.0.2
- Make conversion from range splitter to simple substitution rule easy.
April 30th, 2019 – Data Masker 6.0.1
- Add dataset for NHS Numbers. NHS Numbers can be generated with valid or invalid checksums, and optionally be uniquely generated.
- Columns of type BIT can now be masked with random bits.
- Fixed a bug which causes the range splitter rule has the same icon with the the partition splitter rule.
- Fixed a bug where multiple threads could conflict on writing a log message and cause rule processing to terminate.
April 15th, 2019 – Data Masker 6.0.0
This is a major release of Data Masker featuring significant changes, including a wide assortment of UI and feature improvements.
- New styling
- Added the ability to quickly copy a rule with the 'Clone Rule' button
- Command line
- Runs without displaying the UI
- Now takes a single parameter file
- Doesn't require the presence of Dummy login details
- Synchronization Manager
- Synchronization Manager rules now show a read only copy of the rule elements on the Rules in Set and Rule Statistic tabs
- Synchronization Manager rules can have a command rule added to them
- Reporting options
- Audit table now replaced with the Rule Stats and Table Stats table
- Ability to customise which database holds the Rule Stats and Table Stats table
- Added the ablity to generate a report after running a rule interactively.
- Added the ability to quickly test the connection of all rule controllers