Data Masker for SQL Server 6.0
Published 21 February 2018
Masking sets from v5 are not compatible with this version. Please use the Import V5 Maskset function found in the tools section of Data Masker.
February 13th, 2019 - Data masker 6.1.5
- Right clicking in the column selection dropdown listbox in the Substitution and Insertion rules now provides a menu item which can switch the listing between column ordinal position or alphabetical sort modes. If the alphabetical option is chosen the column typeahead function will work on the list box.
- A bug which caused setting encoding for custom dataset not working has been fixed.
January 10th, 2019 - Data masker 6.1.4
- A new rule type called the Index Refresh Rule has now been added. This rule will, when run, dynamically refreshes the Indexes known to the masking set.
- The number of worker threads value is now emitted to the logfile before each run in both the GUI and Command Line versions.
- A bug in the Command Line version which caused the number of worker threads used to be set to 2, regardless of the value configured in the masking set, has now been fixed.
January 3rd, 2019 - Data masker 6.1.3
- It is now possible to change the commit batch frequency on every rule where that concept exists. Specifically the rules which now support this new feature are: Substitution, Shuffle, Insertion, Search-Replace, XML Masker, JSON Masker, Row-Internal, Table-Internal, Table-to-Table, CrossDBTableMover, CrossDBTableToTable and Table-To-Text.
- The Shuffle rule now warns if the user selects a NOT NULL Where Clause option and also is performing a multiple column shuffle.
- Fixes an issue which prevented the triggers in a Trigger Manager rule from displaying properly in a newly created masking set until the set had been closed and re-opened.
- Fixes an issue which caused duplicates of the error handling settings when follow on rules were created without first closing and reopening the build form.
- Fixes a bug which caused duplicates of the Where Clause settings when follow on rules were created without first closing and reopening the build form.
December 10th, 2018 - Data masker 6.1.2
- Fixes an issue that was preventing upgrades to the latest version.
December 3rd, 2018 - Data masker 6.1.1
- The Rule Description is now included in the Rule Statistics Report.
- A new rule type called the FK Refresh Rule has now been added. This rule will, when run, dynamically refreshes the Foreign Keys known to the masking set.
- Multiple rules can now be selected in the Check for Un-Indexed Rule Targets tool in order to generate Index create or drop sql for them.
A bug which did not disable the "Create SQL" and "Drop SQL" buttons in the Check for Un-Indexed Rule Targets tool when only the Rule Controller was selected has now been fixed.
The alternative statistics schema is correctly persisted on updating a rule controller.
November 20th, 2018 - Data masker 6.1.0
A new rule type called the Row Count Refresh Rule has now been added. This rule will, when run, dynamically refresh the row counts in the tables known the masking set.
- A bug which caused the index create and drop code in the Find Rules with Unindexed Targets Tool to have a dummy placeholder database and schema name has now been fixed.
- Fixed an issue which caused numeric columns to be treated as nvarchar columns.
- Converting a rule to a Range Manager preserves the rule description.
- Fixed an issue when updating a rule that was created by "Undo range splitter" may auto-convert to a range splitter on the next update.
- Adjusted the formatting of the right hand display panel in the Column Finder tool.
October 30th, 2018 - Data masker 6.0.12
New rules which enable and disable indexes have been added. Disabling unneccessary indexes can improve masking performance.
October 8th, 2018 - Data masker 6.0.11
A new rule type called the JSON Masker Rule has now been added. This rule will mask JSON data. The JSON Masker Rule can accept a wild card key name and mask all data (including arrays and objects) below that key or an explicit JPath can be specified.
- The Audit and Log Options drop down on the Misc. Setup Tab now contains an option to turn off the automatic truncation of the Statistics tables for each full run.
Only one Trigger Refresh rule can now be added to a Rule Controller.
The Trigger Refresh Rule no longer leaves Trigger Dis/Ena rules in a PENDING state if those rules are not Active.
The Trigger Refresh Rule no longer leaves Trigger Dis/Ena rules in a PENDING state if those rules are not queued for execution.
The Trigger Refresh Rule will update Trigger Managers that are in front of it according to Rule Blocks or Dependencies but will not mark them PENDING for execution.
September 5th, 2018 - Data masker 6.0.10
A new rule type called the Trigger Refresh Rule has now been added. This rule will, when run, dynamically refresh the triggers known the masking set and also refresh the Trigger Managers.
- #1080: Data Masker now installs into the 'Red Gate' start menu folder
July 12th, 2018 - Data masker 6.0.9
A new tool which can discover rules with non-existent tables and columns has been added to the Tools Tab.
- #1345: Fixed an issue which caused the scripts generated by the 'Check for Un-Indexed Table-To-Table Rule Targets' tool to only create a single index per table
July 10th, 2018 - Data masker 6.0.8
There is now a Masking Plan Report Button on the Tables in Set tab which can produce a report of currently set plan information on the tables and columns.
- The state of the SingleStatmentModeActive flag is now present in the Table-To-Table rule Rule Report Options line.
- #999: A bug which prevented the Connection Timeout value on the Rule Controller from being saved with the set has now been fixed.
- #1301: Fix an issue where options were not being correctly set on loading a masking set.
June 25th, 2018 - Data masker 6.0.7
The diagnostic display for each rule type has now been customized for that rule type.
A Clear All Plan Information button has been added to the Rule Controllers Tools Tab.
Export and Import Masking Plan Information to CSV file button has been added to the Rule Controllers Tools Tab.
#976: The target column name for row-internal rules is now included in the rule structure report.
#986: Schema names have been added to the Tables in Set tab.
#1180: The 'No Primary or Unique Key on Table' dialog text has been updated to fix some syntax errors in the suggested SQL.
May 30th, 2018 - Data masker 6.0.5
- The range splitter manager has been added. Increase worker utilisation by breaking a single rule into multiple rules that each act on a different range of rows in the same table.
- The Rule Structure Report now correctly sorts by Rule ID
The Rule Statistics Report now also sorts the rules on Rule Subscript.
- Fixed a bug in the XMLMasker rule which caused an error when operating on XML type columns with the Not Null or Empty Where Clause setting.
- Fixed bug caused by a race condition in the licensing code
May 23rd, 2018 - Data masker 6.0.4
- Fixed a bug in which an error message in Table-to-Table rules complained about a missing index on the target table when it really meant source table.
- Fixed an issue causing Substitution rule fails for columns with a slash in the name.
May 8th, 2018 - Data masker 6.0.3
- The help buttons on all forms now link to online versions on the Redgate website.
- Fixed an issue causing the version in the about dialog to appear as 06.00.00.
- Fixed some UI issues occurring on high-DPI displays.
- Fixed an issue which could cause the ordering of rule controllers to not be taken into account.
March 22nd, 2018 - Data masker 6.0.2
Added Cross-DB Table-to-Table rule.
- Enhancements to User Defined Datasets
- Maximum number of lines in a set is increased to 10 million
- Correlated User Defined Datasets have been enhanced to support 8 values.
- User Defined datasets and Correlated User Defined datasets now support Unicode files.
- TgtInRule count
An optional TgtInRule column is now available in the Tables-In-Set tab. This enables the number of rules a particular table or column is involved with to be determined.
The Masking Plan Match field on the Tables-In-Set tab is now associated with the TgtInRule count. Previously it was derived from the RowOperations column.
Fixed a bug which caused errors when masking multiple columns with the Not Null or Empty option and one column was a Varchar(Max).
March 12th, 2018 - Data masker 6.0.1
A Bulk Rule Generator tool has now been added which can use a template RowInternal rule to generate rules targeting other tables with the same column name.
A Columns In Rule column has been added to the Rules In Set and Rule Statistics and other displays.
Added the female_firstnames_shortlist_fr dataset.
Added several french name datasets:
Added the nameslastfirstfemale dataset.
Added the nameslastfirstmale dataset.
Added the nameslastfirstmalefemale dataset.
Fixed a bug in the Substitution rule which caused it to error in certain circumstances when using the NULL values dataset.
Fixed a bug which prevented the column and index displays from working in rule builder forms after a refresh in the Controller.
The Table Refresh Form no longer downloads duplicates of excluded tables when refreshing.
The value 19000101 is now treated as Empty for Where Clause purposes in the RowInternal and Substitution rules when masking dates. There is an option on the Misc. Setup tab for this purpose.
Febuary 27th, 2018 - Data masker 6.0.0
This is a major release of Data Masker featuring significant changes, including better integration with SQL Clone and a wide assortment of UI improvements
- Can be integrated with SQL Clone. See this guide for more information.
- New styling
- Increased the prominence of the 'New Rule' button
- Improved configuration of columns on the core display tabs via the options button ('O')
- Improved expanding and collapsing of schema via the 'S' 'T' 'C buttons
- Added the ability to quickly copy a rule with the 'Clone Rule' button
- Command line
- Runs without displaying the UI
- Now takes a single parameter file
- Doesn't require the presence of Dummy login details
- Synchronization Manager
- Synchronization Manager rules now show a read only copy of the rule elements on the Rules in Set and Rule Statistic tabs
- Synchronization Manager rules can have a command rule added to them
- Reporting options
- New Mask Reports option tab
- Audit table now replaced with the Rule Stats and Table Stats table
- Ability to customise which database holds the Rule Stats and Table Stats table
- Added the ablity to generate a report after running a rule interactively.
- Added the ability to quickly test the connection of all rule controllers
Some features have not yet been implemented in this version of Data masker. If you have any questions or concerns about the lack of these features, please get in touch with us
- Masking Plan Report has yet to be implemented in the Tables in Set tab.