Data Masker for SQL Server 7.0
Published 06 January 2020
Deprecation of UI command line
Using DataMasker.exe to automate masking sets runs has been removed in 7.0.0. To automate running of masking sets use DataMaskerCmdLine.exe instead.
To aid migration, Data Masker 7.0.0 includes an additional command line flag (-G) to DataMasker.exe to generate PARFILEs suitable for DataMaskerCmdLine.exe.
August 10th 2020 - Data Masker 7.0.23
- Fixed bug in Select Distinct Values query when column names contain spaces.
- Fixed a bug in applying the "PostalCode" column template.
July 23rd 2020 - Data Masker 7.0.22
- New command line option: `DataMaskerCmdLine.exe column-template build-mapping-file`
- Integrates with your SQL Data Catalog Taxonomy.
- Produces a column-template mapping file that you can pass into the build command.
- It is now possible to fully automate masking a database, based on the hard work you have put into cataloging your SQL database estate.
- Fixed bug in generation of South African ID Numbers dataset.
July 7th 2020 - Data Masker 7.0.21
- Added an option to the Data Masker build CommandLine (DataMaskerCmdLine.exe build --mapping-file) to consume a column-template-mapping file to generate default rules.
- Recalculate ranges on a Range Splitter will prompt for password, if necessary.
- Correctly reset the form state after testing the login on the password prompt form.
- Improved the format of the log file.
- Fixed a bug where some datasets would try to use a null value in a NOT NULL column.
June 26th 2020 - Data Masker 7.0.20
June 9th 2020 - Data Masker 7.0.19
- Fixed the `--schema` option when running the `DataMaskerCmdLine.exe build using-windows-auth...` command.
May 22nd 2020 - Data Masker 7.0.18
- Removed the short-aliases for the command-line options.
It is now possible to specify which schemas will be included in the masking set using the build command on the command-line using the --schema (or -s) option, e.g DataMaskerCmdLine.exe build ... -s dbo -s orders --schema sales
May 13th 2020 - Data Masker 7.0.17
Added a new command-line option to build an empty masking set. Run
DataMaskerCmdLine.exe build --helpfor more information.
April 30th 2020 - Data Masker 7.0.16
Fixed an issue where correlated datasets would generate data too large for the column.
April 27th 2020 - Data Masker 7.0.15
Fix an issue retrieving the row counts from large tables.
April 14th 2020 - Data Masker 7.0.14
Improve error message when a table being masked does not have a primary key.
April 8th 2020 - Data Masker 7.0.13
Allow the user control over whether the interim reports from the command line writes to the log file.
April 6th 2020 - Data Masker 7.0.12
Fixed an issue where Data Masker doesn't show any activity in the Run Statistics tab when running the Rules.
April 1st 2020 - Data Masker 7.0.11
Fixed an issue where attempting to connect to Oracle in a cross-database rule throws an exception.
March 23rd 2020 - Data Masker 7.0.10
Fixed an issue where cross-database command rules would timeout after 30 seconds.
March 12th 2020 - Data Masker 7.0.9
Fixed an issue where cloning rule controllers would clone the rule controller twice.
February 17rd 2020 - Data Masker 7.0.8
Fixed an issue where updating columns in the primary key could appear successful but no rows being masked.
February 3rd 2020 - Data Masker 7.0.7
Fixed an issue where after refreshing the list of datasets the rule forms did not see the new datasets.
January 30th 2020 – Data Masker 7.0.6
Fixed an error when importing the masking plan from csv.
January 29th 2020 – Data Masker 7.0.5
Login substitutions in PARFILEs are parsed with a more robust parser. This permits valid substitutions that previously failed to parse.
January 22nd 2020 – Data Masker 7.0.4
- Resolves an issue causing Data Masker to not open.
January 21st 2020 – Data Masker 7.0.2
- Generating PARFILEs from the UI command line (-G) will now prompt for where it should be saved.
- Added a link to command line automation instructions.
- Cross database command rules targeting Oracle will more robustly split up multiple statements separated by ; or /
January 9th 2020 – Data Masker 7.0.1
- Fixed an issue using V7's performance mode when trying to use a certain data sets to mask part of a row's ID.
January 7th 2020 – Data Masker 7.0.0
- Enhanced performance of masking rules. This replaces the V7 performance beta, and can be disabled by using legacy performance mode. See here for more details.
Users can now select a default commit frequency when configuring Search and Replace, Shuffle, and Row Internal rules.
- Fixed an issue where CLR triggers are not downloaded.