ReadyRoll 1.13 release notes
Published 10 March 2016
1.13.23 - April 12th, 2017
Improvements made for the VS 2017 release (1.13.22) now shipped for VS 2015
- Add a login dialog for trials
- Change Offline Schema Model to be off by default
- Remove the .dacpac build option
- Performance improvements to VS startup
- Improved handling of LocalDB not existing
- Fix the toolbar so it is now responsive
- Fix the script status information window so it now works when the project is on a UNC path
- Fix ExcludeColumnsFromDataSync so it now works again
- Fix build verification to handle 3-part object references where the schema name is omitted
- Fix build verification to better handle Azure SQL Database
- Fix the build process so it can now create Octopus Deploy packages if the ReadyRoll.MSBuild NuGet package is used
- Fix a few places where we could crash the devenv process
- Minor tweaks to some of the words, images and colors in the UI
Improvements for all VS versions
- Fix the script status information window so imported programmable objects are now shown as imported rather than deployed
- Fix the Open SSMS button to now support SQL authentication
- Fix the ReadyRoll window so a useful error message is now shown if the sandbox database doesn't exist
- Fix the build error logging so any errors now show in the VS error list window
- Fix creating a migration script so it can now be added to an existing but empty folder
- Fix the refresh logic so it now keeps the ReadyRoll window focussed and doesn't change focus to a migration script
- Fix the changes list so double-clicking on a row header now doesn't open a diff view
- Tweak the toolbar so it now shows the most important information even on really small screen resolutions
- Improve the project settings UI to have more links to the ReadyRoll documentation
- Add a menu item to launch the ReadyRoll window to the Tools menu
- Remove the Redgate prefix from the extension name so the extension name renders better in small spaces
- Minor tweaks to some of the words and images in the UI
22.214.171.12444 - March 28th, 2017
- Add a notification bar in VS 2012 and VS 2013 explaining that future versions of ReadyRoll won't support these versions of VS
- Remove Check for Updates in VS 2012 and VS 2013, because future versions of ReadyRoll won't support these versions of VS
126.96.36.19995 - March 22nd, 2017
- Adjust the VS update mechanism so the VS 2017 extension is now only shown on VS 2017
188.8.131.528 - March 9th, 2017
- Update the ReadyRoll installer so that it doesn't interfere with the version installed by Visual Studio 2017 Installer
January – March, 2017
Various releases for Redgate Data Tools in Visual Studio 2017.
184.108.40.2064 - December 8th, 2016
- Improved interactive diff report
1.13.20 - November 30th, 2016
- In the ReadyRoll DBSync tool window, improved the home screen
- In the ReadyRoll DBSync tool window, during the getting started workflow, improved the progress reporting so that it doesn't go above 100%
- Improved support for DDL Triggers on Azure SQL Database version 13.0.1700 (bug reference SC-9135)
1.13.19 - November 16th, 2016
- Visual Studio 2017 RC support
1.13.18 - November 11th, 2016
- Improved support for SQL Server 2016
- Improved support for upgrading old ReadyRoll projects on SQL Server 2005
1.13.17 - November 8th, 2016
- More SQL Compare and SQL Data Compare options are configurable
- 64-bit builds now work
- Encrypted objects are now handled correctly
- The project settings now correctly indicates the checkbox Mark all programmable objects/additional scripts as deployed when setting the baseline
- Correct a spelling error in the UI
1.13.16 - October 18th, 2016
- Azure deployment now works with customised CREATE DATABASE statements
- Introduce new license management system
- Introduce new installer
1.13.15 - October 5th, 2016
- Allow spaces in migration script names
- Introduce new and improved check for updates notification bar
1.13.14 - September 19th, 2016
- Regression where the option to disable Offline Schema Model wasn't being respected
- Regression where the Unsupported dialog wasn't shown in the File > New Table project menu item
- State persistence for the database connection on the Getting Started wizard when switching between multiple projects
- Ignore tSQLt objects by default. The old behaviour can be restored by setting option
- Remove obsolete script generation options from project template
- Remove table collation from side-by-side diff view
1.13.13 - August 30th, 2016
- VSTS/TFS no longer continues deployment when an error occurs in script execution
- Show correct number of days remaining in trial
- Add an option to ignore DML Triggers in SQL Compare:
- Stop showing Pending Deployment after creating a new project on Getting Started
- Added a missing DLL to the NuGet package
1.13.12 - August 22nd, 2016
- Misaligned text on Evaluation Expired and Verification Failed pages
- Error when building the patch script whilst running on VSTS: System.ObjectDisposedException: Safe handle has been closed
- Wrong transition after activating ReadyRoll from the Evaluation Expired page
1.13.11 - August 15th, 2016
- Introduce an initial database import wizard
- Introduce a licensing notification bar for users in Trial
- Add menu items under Help to Deactivate/Activate the license
- Error when trying to edit/update a Table using the SQL Server Object Designers: The project has not been set up to allow programmable objects to be modified offline
1.13.10 - August 9th, 2016
- SQL Server Authentication support
- Microsoft Azure SQL support (read more)
1.13.9 - August 1st, 2016
- Improve feature usage reporting
1.13.8 - July 25th, 2016
- New and improved toolbar
1.13.7 - July 18th, 2016
- Remove trailing whitespace from pre- and post-deployment scripts
- Change links over to www.red-gate.com
- Make terminology consistent in licence activation pages
- Add verbose logging for MSBuild tasks
- Fix error caused by switching on Programmable Objects prior to initial import
1.13.6 - June 9th, 2016
- Add option to ignore tSQLt objects during Refresh. This can be achieved with the new project option
1.13.5 - May 18th, 2016
- Update default LocalDB instance to match Visual Studio 2015 Update 2.
- Fix integration with LocalDb on non-English locales.
- Enable the Import (Generate Script) and Refresh buttons on the toolbar when the Welcome dialog is active.
- Specify default report style for upon build Deployment Mode.
- Fix typo in commented out project option
1.13.4 - April 22nd, 2016
- Improvements to Verification screen
- Improvements to Installer pre-requisite screen
- Error messages improved for SQL connectivity errors
1.13.3 - April 13th, 2016
- New version of SQL Compare
We've updated the version of SQL Compare that powers ReadyRoll. This update means ReadyRoll can now connect to SQL Server 2016 RC1.
For details of features and fixes, see the SQL Compare 11.5.4 release notes.
- Script verification improvements
We've improved the UI and added documentation for script verification.
- The OctoPack version included in ReadyRoll no longer conflicts with other versions installed via NuGet.
- You can now activate your Redgate ReadyRoll license without having to run Visual Studio in admin mode.
- Added missing SQL Compare dependency that affected CLR object imports and caused errors.
- In Project Settings, you can set SQL Server 2016 (shipped with SQL Server Data Tools Preview) as your target platform without experiencing build-time errors:
1.13.2 - March 23rd, 2016
New version of SQL Compare
We've updated the version of SQL Compare that powers ReadyRoll.
For details of features and fixes, see the SQL Compare 11.5.1 release notes.
If you're using SQL Server Data Tools Preview 1 in Visual Studio 2015, you can no longer connect ReadyRoll projects to LocalDB. SQL Compare versions 11.5.1 and later don't support this setup.
To fix this, you'll need to upgrade to SQL Server 2016 Release Candidate 1
- Reduced excess code in the package deployment artifact.
We've completed a UserVoice suggestion with this fix. Thanks to everyone who voted.
- Fixed issue with generating patch scripts for deployments to SQL Azure
1.13.1 - March 16th, 2016
- ReadyRoll now displays a warning if you try to activate your license with a 32-digit ReadyRoll license key
- We've added a hyperlink from inside the tool to Redgate Support
- Fixed missing assemblies in the NuGet package
1.13.0 - March 9th, 2016
- ReadyRoll now uses Redgate's licensing system.
If you're an existing ReadyRoll user, you'll have received a replacement serial number that will activate your Redgate ReadyRoll license. For more information, see Activating.
- Offline Schema Model is enabled by default in new ReadyRoll projects. For more information, see Offline Schema Model.
- An error is no longer raised when attempting to import a database containing objects referenced by multiple columns. (Details)