Published 22 November 2018
SQL Backup Pro comprises two main parts:
- The SQL Backup Pro graphical user interface (GUI) for setting up and monitoring your backup and restore jobs. The GUI is not licensed and can be installed on as many computers as you wish. You can install only one version of the SQL Backup Pro GUI on each computer.
To check which version of the graphical user interface is installed, from the Help menu select About SQL Backup.
- The SQL Backup Pro server components installed on each SQL Server instance (or on each node of a clustered instance). This is the licensed part of SQL Backup Pro and contains the SQL Backup Pro extended stored procedures and the SQL Backup Agent service. You can install only one version of the SQL Backup Pro server components on each SQL Server instance.
To check which version of the server components is installed, in the SQL Backup Pro GUI select the SQL Server, then from the Edit menu select Properties.
Before you install SQL Backup Pro, check the Requirements to confirm that your systems are compatible with SQL Backup Pro.
- Install the SQL Backup Pro graphical user interface (GUI). For details, see Installing the graphical user interface.
- Add the SQL Server instances on which you want to back up and restore databases with SQL Backup Pro to the GUI. For details, see Adding SQL Server instances.
Install the SQL Backup Pro server components on the SQL Server instances. You can use the graphical user interface to do this, or you can run the setup wizard manually. Both methods are described in Installing the server components on a SQL Server instance.
- Activate the licenses on the SQL Server instances as necessary. For details, see Licensing.