Errors and warnings
Published 13 February 2013
If a problem occurs during a SQL Backup Pro backup or restore operation, one or more SQL Backup errors or warnings may be returned in addition to any SQL Server errors and Windows errors:
- If you are using the SQL Backup Pro wizards, any errors or warnings are listed in the message dialog that is displayed when you finish the wizard.
- If you are using the extended stored procedure, any errors or warnings are returned in the second dataset by default. For information on changing the format of the output or how to retrieve error codes, see Feedback from the extended stored procedure.
- If you are using the command line, any errors or warnings are returned at the command prompt.
- Double click the row to open the Properties dialog.
- Click Show Log to view the Activity Log for the backup or restore.
For more information, see The Activity History.
- %PROGRAMDATA%\Red Gate\SQL Backup\Log\<instance> (on Windows Vista, Windows 2008 and later), or
- %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\ Application Data\Red Gate\SQL Backup\Log\<instance> (on Windows XP and Windows 2003).