SQL Backup 6.5 release notes
Published 18 February 2013
May 9th, 2011
- Ability to choose "existing database file location" as well as the SQL Backup suggested defaults.
- Improvements to purging backup files in the following cases:
- when folders contain spaces in the name.
- when the restored database name differs from the original database name.
- Support for
LATEST_ALLkeyword fixes for restoring the latest full backup and and all subsequent log and differential backups, in particular:
- handling large backup sets.
- handling SQB files created with earlier versions of SQL Backup.
- Network resilience bug fixes.
- Product activation improvements.
- Improved debugging information and error handling:
- Improved timeout for VDI functions and threaded SQL connections.
- Debug information for decompression.
- More exception handling code when writing process data for the GUI.
- When creating new folders.
- Partially created backup files when running of disk space.
- Detect if transaction log backup file has previously been restored during log shipping..
- Quality improvement program - users now have the option to send usage information back to Redgate to help us improve future versions.