SQL Change Automation Visual Studio 4.0 release notes
Published 31 July 2019
4.0.19303 - October 30th, 2019
- Updated SQL Compare Engine to 18.104.22.16893
4.0.19296 - October 23rd, 2019
- Updated SQL Compare Engine to 22.214.171.12418
4.0.19288 - October 15th, 2019
- Updated SQL Compare Engine to 126.96.36.19943
- SCA-2649 - Further improve memory usage changing the default option for generating package scripts to be turned off. This option can be enabled in the project settings.
- Fixed an issue where package scripts were not being generated correctly for some users in Visual Studio, which could cause OutOfMemory errors on build.
4.0.19275 - October 2nd, 2019
- Updated SQL Compare Engine to 188.8.131.5272
- Fixed an issue where package scripts were not being generated correctly in Visual Studio 2019 16.3
4.0.19270 - September 27th, 2019
- SCA-2649 - Improved memory usage of package script generation; this should resolve many OutOfMemory issues generating package scripts with VisualStudio 16.3
- SCA-2650 - Fixed issue in Visual Studio 16.3 where opening a .sql file with SQL Authentication would fail. If you have encountered this issue, you may need to open and close the connection dialog to resolve it.
- SCA-2651 - Fixed issue where missing dll might cause an issue with ReadyRoll.MsBuild NuGet package if using SQL Authentication
4.0.19267 - September 25th, 2019
- SCA-1469 - We now use the windows credential manager to store database passwords
- We now display static data diffs as a csv instead of xml
4.0.19261 - September 18th, 2019
- Fixed an issue where a missing dll might cause an error on SQL Change Automation start-up in Visual Studio, if installed via the marketplace
4.0.19259 - September 17th, 2019
- Fixed an issue where some customers may not be able to activate the product with their serial number
4.0.19255 - September 13th, 2019
- Updated SQL Compare Engine to 184.108.40.20621
- SCA-2642 - Project settings now render correctly in Visual Studio 2019
4.0.19246 - September 3rd, 2019
- Updated SQL Compare Engine to 220.127.116.1131
- SCA-2737 - Constraint naming validation is now applied to nested CREATE/ALTER TABLE statements.
4.0.19242 - August 30th, 2019
- Fixed an issue with trials not starting correctly
4.0.19241 - August 29th, 2019
- SQL Change Automation version 4 allows you to create and manage migration scripts in SQL Server Management Studio. This allows teams to collaborate across Visual Studio and SSMS, and allows developers to work in their IDE of choice.
- The Open in SSMS button will now detect SSMS 18