SQL Change Automation Visual Studio 4.3 release notes
Published 23 July 2020
4.3.20211 - July 29th, 2020
- Updated SQL Compare Engine to 126.96.36.19999
- Fixed an issue where a missing Newtonsoft.Json dll might occur in Visual Studio 2017 and Visual Studio 2015.
4.3.20209 - July 27th, 2020
- Updated SQL Compare Engine to 188.8.131.52
- Fixed an issue where a missing Newtonsoft.Json dll might occur after an update.
4.3.20205 - July 23rd, 2020
- Updated SQL Compare Engine to 184.108.40.20683
- Added new project setting
ProgrammableObjectHandlingwhich replaces existing setting
DeployChangesForProgrammableObjectsAny existing projects which contain DeployChangesForProgrammableObjects will have the new setting added. The old setting will not be removed automatically as that might break continuous integration pipelines using older versions of the product. The new setting has three values:
ScriptInMigrations- Equivalent to previous false behaviour. i.e. no programmable objects
UseRepeatableScriptsForAllObjects- Equivalent to previous true behaviour. i.e. all programmable objects scripted out at baseline and thereafter
UseRepeatableScriptsForModifiedObjects- Programmable objects are scripted out in the offline schema model during baseline, but to the programmable objects folder thereafter. When an object is scripted to the programmable objects folder, it is removed from the offline schema model folder.
- The offline schema model will now be scripted out after running through the baselining wizard, if no target database is selected for baseline but a provisioner is configured.
- The development database can now be created using the configured provisioner
- It is now possible to create down scripts alongside migration scripts by creating files prefixed with
- It is no longer necessary to specify the
SkipBaselineCheckproperty when a provisioner is configured
- Logging library has been changed to match SQL Change Automation in SSMS.
- Improved project load behaviour when development database does not exist and the baseline wizard hasn't been run
- Improved connection validation in baseline wizard when default database is selected
- Improved error handling when duplicate sql cmd variables are defined
- Fixed stack traces which might appear in logs on project load
- Fixed error when cancelling mark as deployed