SQL Monitor 10.0 Release Notes
Published 10 February 2020
When should I upgrade?
- We aim to release a build every two weeks that includes the latest incremental features and bug fixes. These builds are identified by a three-part version number, such as v10.1.2. So if you’ve identified a particular feature from the release notes that you need, you can download the relevant build.
- If you want to wait until all aspects of a feature have been fully completed, it’s best to use a quarterly minor version release, identified by a two-part version number such as v10.2.
- Annual major releases (such as v10) combine multiple feature releases and undergo additional QA
Version 10.0.14 - May 13, 2020
- Support for specifying network protocol for monitored servers has been removed. This is due to its removal in Microsoft's latest SQL Client. Connections will now use shared memory for local connections (if available), and TCP/IP for all other connections.
If this will affect your ability to monitor servers, please contact SQLMonitorFeedback@red-gate.com
- SRP-13045 Login name added to SQL User Process of Server Overview
- SRP-12957 Alert Suppression Windows can now be applied to groups as well as individual monitored servers
- SRP-12968 Resolve issue with test SNMP button
- PowerShell API: The parameter -NetworkProtocol of the cmdlet Add-MonitoredObject was deprecated and will be removed in the future release
- SRP-13022 SQL Agent Jobs page now defaults to a day's data instead of a week to reduce load
Version 10.0.13 - May 5, 2020
- SRP-12834 Sql Server Licensing page now displays replication information where available
- SRP-13007 Memory cache performance improvements
- SRP-13013 Show the end time of alert suppression windows in list and create/edit modes
- SRP-13017 It is now possible to type the duration of an alert suppression window
- SRP-13046 Collect the "Memory Grants Pending" performance counter
- SRP-12848 SQL Server Licensing page now able to sort columns
- SRP-12661 Custom alert filters now allow use of custom alerts from all base monitors. Existing custom alert filters may need to be checked.
- SRP-12922 Fixes the issue of raising false positive alerts just after alert suppression window period
- Memory values on the "System processes" tab of alerts no longer erroneously labels byte values as kilobytes
Version 10.0.12 - April 30, 2020
- SRP-12866 Sql Server Licensing page now displays aliases where available
- SRP-12818 Fix issue where clustered machines can become stuck in an authentication failed state
- SRP-12975 Fix default installation path issue
- SRP-12958 Alert suppression window's start date displayed incorrectly when the web client is in a different timezone to the server.
Version 10.0.11 - April 22, 2020
- SRP-12874 Detect virtual machine status from SQL 2008R2 SP1 or higher
- SRP-12977 When applying an alert suppression window to a cluster node machine, the window now automatically applies to any SQL Server instances associated with that cluster node.
- SRP-12880 For SQL2008R2 or earlier, SQL Monitor will now alert on deadlocks using the error log even if extended events is turned on
- SRP-12913 Fix issues with groups containing "." in SQL Server Licensing page
- SRP-12976 Fix Internal SQL Monitor error "Option.None has no value"
- SRP-12987 Fix logon failure report tile clipping issue
- SRP-12923 Fix issue with job duration alerts sometimes incorrectly showing as purged
Version 10.0.10 - April 16, 2020
SRP-12939 For sites using Active Directory authentication, adding an alert comment now pre-populates the author
- SRP-12942 Moved Fix Cluster name to windows connection properties and renamed to Auto detect cluster name
- SRP-12918 Query plans will now display correctly for blocked processes on Server Overview
- SRP-12903 Queries without a start_time in sys.dm_exec_requests will now report the SQL Server start up time as their start time
- SRP-12850 Fix alert suppression issue for cluster nodes
- SRP-12948 Fall back to base monitor service account for AD authentication when no credentials can be read from Credential Manager
Version 10.0.9 - April 8, 2020
Drops SSL3 and TLS 1.0 support for communication between the base monitor and website. Communication between the base monitor and website will now use TLS 1.2 or TLS 1.1 as available.
SRP-12841 Filtering version filter as version and edition in SQL Server Licensing page
- SRP-12935 The alert inbox now retains use of the next and last alert arrows if the "Configure Alerts" link is used
- SRP-12925 It is now possible to enter thresholds over 100% for the job duration unusual alert
- SRP-12937 Prevent job duration unusual alert being raised due to improperly terminated SQL Agent sessions
- SRP-12673 Test and Add will both resolve cluster names using the same mechanism
- SRP-12422 Fix casing issue in database name when raising backup overdue alerts for availability group databases
- SRP-12159 SQL Monitor will now report "Cannot connect" and raise an alert if the wrong port number is provided for a SQL instance
Version 10.0.8 - April 1, 2020
- SRP-12811 SQL Server licensing now has licence calculation for VMware Hosts
- SRP-12900 Unusual job duration alerts are no longer incorrectly raised
- SRP-12885 Internal monitor errors are no longer raised when a WmiProperty is present but fails to return data
Version 10.0.7 - March 25, 2020
- SRP-12886 WinRM connections now support HTTP
- SRP-12787 Improve webhook diagnostic response
- SRP-12872 SQL Server licensing now uses logical processors instead of number of cores for virtual machines
Version 10.0.6 - March 19, 2020
- SRP-12887 Fix issue with vmware sampling breaking non vmware machine sampling
Version 10.0.5 - March 18, 2020
- SRP-12780 Added support for Azure Government cloud SQL database
- SRP-12425 Reporting API allows request to come from defined IP/host
- SRP-12643 Reports user added that allows read-only access with reporting
- SRP-12789 Added support for Custom Webhook Messages
- SRP-12875 Fixed an error in not using WinRM during SQL Server detection when selected
- SRP-12871 Fix sizing issues with licensing summary graphs
- SRP-12802 Option to suppression of performance-related alerts now correctly suppresses Azure performance alerts and disk read/write alerts
- Fixed an internal binding error in the PowerShell API module when retrieving empty lists.
- SRP-12885 Improved checking of VMWare metric availability
Version 10.0.4 - March 11, 2020
- SRP-12852 Added WMIType parameter option for Add-SqlMonitorMonitoredObject cmdlet.
- SRP-12723 Job Duration Unusal alert now triggers on currently running alerts instead of only on finished alerts
- New SQL Server licensing page added
- SRP-12861 Fixes mapping of "Day" property when creating alert suppression windows through PowerShell API
Version 10.0.3 - March 5, 2020
- Removed the Add-SqlMonitorAlertSuppressionWindow cmdlet. New-SqlMonitorAlertSuppressionWindow now creates a new window that is immediately persisted without the need for a separate call to Add-SqlMonitorAlertSuppressionWindow.
- Improved sampling of machines that have migrated from VMWare.
- Fixed an issue that could cause error pages to display incorrectly
Version 10.0.2 - February 28, 2020
- PowerShell API support for alert suppression.
- PowerShell API performance improvements.
- Monitored servers configuration page will now provide a warning if multiple base monitors are monitoring the same target.
- Long running query alert and sql blocking process query can now ignore databases using a regular expression.
- Performance of the global overview page has been improved for sites with significant latency between website and base monitor.
- Fixed a usability issue on Server Overview -> Query Plan dialog.
- The PowerShell API now retrieves servers for which monitoring has recently been suspended, so that monitoring can also now be resumed via the API.
- Improved handling of an invalid IP address for SNMP notifications
Version 10.0.1 - February 20th, 2020
Multiple beta capabilities are now fully released:
- Initial support for webhooks
- Server annotations API
- Alert suppression
- Improvements to Memory information
- Improvements to Wait information, including new graph
- Improvements to VMWare information
- Alert summary report
- Support for WinRM
- New learning and support menus
- Breaking changes in Powershell API adding support for cmdlets prefix and pipeline
- Fixed error when trying to create an alert suppression window without specifying a name