SQL Monitor 9.1 Release Notes
Published 24 July 2019
When should I upgrade?
- We aim to release a build every two weeks that includes the latest incremental features and bug fixes. These builds are identified by a three-part version number, such as v9.0.9. So if you’ve identified a particular feature from the release notes that you need, you can download the relevant build.
- If you want to wait until all aspects of a feature have been fully completed, it’s best to use a quarterly minor version release, identified by a two-part version number such as v9.1.
- Annual major releases (such as v9.0) combine multiple feature releases and undergo additional QA
Version 9.1.5 - September 18, 2019
- SRP-12191 Added support to the PowerShell API for the retrieval and update of Alert Specific Settings for the following alert types: DatabaseNotBackedUp, DatabaseNotLogBackedUp and DatabaseNotDifferentialBackedUp
- SRP-12297 Reduced warnings from SqlDatabaseStorageSampler
Version 9.1.4 - September 12, 2019
- SRP-12179 Added new option to display both SQL Server network name and instance name for failover clusters
- SRP-12191 Added support to the PowerShell API for the retrieval and update of Alert Specific Settings for the following alert types: AvailabilityGroupDatabaseNotHealthy, AvailabilityGroupFailover, AvailabilityGroupListenerOffline, AvailabilityGroupNotHealthy, AvailabilityGroupReplicaNotHealthy, ClusterFailover, CustomMetricCollectionError, DatabaseUnavailable, HighCpu, HighCpuAzureSqlDb, HighCpuElasticPool, HighDataIoAzureSqlDb, HighDataIoElasticPool, HighDtuAzureSqlDb, HighDtuElasticPool, HighLogIoAzureSqlDb, HighLogIoElasticPool, HighMemoryAzureSqlDb, HighSessionPercentageAzureElasticPool, HighSessionPercentageAzureSqlDb, HighWorkerPercentageAzureElasticPool, HighWorkerPercentageAzureSqlDb, JobDurationUnusual, LimitedSampling, LowCpu, MachineUnreachable, MonitoringErrorMachineDataCollection, MonitoringErrorSqlServerDataCollection, MonitoringStoppedMachineCredentials, MonitoringStoppedSqlCredentials, PageVerification, SqlDeadlock, SqlJobCancelled, SqlJobFailure, SqlErrorLog, SqlServerAgentState, SqlServerAnalysisState, SqlServerBrowserState, SqlServerIntegrationState, SqlServerReportingState, SqlServerSearchState, SqlServerWriterState and SqlServerUnreachable. Further alert types will be supported in upcoming releases.
- SRP-12235 Ensured Alert Summary Report Tile respects security settings
- The DatabaseFileUsage threshold values for time remaining were changed from a TimeSpan to an integer representing the number of days
- SRP-11953 Disk read and write time metrics now cope with increases of greater than 2^32 ticks between sampling intervals
- Correct the way the server URL is populated in the API PowerShell module.
- 145707 Fix error when renaming groups
Version 9.1.3 - September 5, 2019
- SRP-12222 SQL Monitor is now FIPS compliant
- SRP-12183 Ignore sp_server_diagnostics in long-running query alert
- SRP-12200 Added new analysis graph metrics for SQL Server memory
- 145129 Display seconds on times in long-running query alert
- SRP-12232 Added support for base monitor error notification email address configuration
- Added initial support for the retrieval and update of Alert Specific Settings for the following alert types: DatabaseFileUsage, AvailabilityGroupDelayedQuery, AvailabilityGroupReplicaFallingBehind, LowDiskSpaceAlerter, LowMemorySpaceAlerter, SqlDeadlockXE and DatabaseSizeAzureSqlDb. Further alert types will be supported in upcoming releases.
- SRP-12254 Reduce frequency of AD queries for user running base monitor process
- SRP-12000 Fixed an issue where the authentication type page could show incorrect information on multiple base monitor environments
- SRP-12253 Fixed an issue where the server summary report failed to load data
Version 9.1.2 - August 21, 2019
- SRP-12164 Added ability to enable an error notification if base monitor loses connection to its repository
- SRP-11969 The backups page now correctly shows the latest backup date across availability groups
- SRP-12181 Fixes an issue with 9.1.1 where the website fails to load with certain .NET Framework versions
- SRP-12059 Reintroduce link to inherited settings in Alert Settings
Version 9.1.1 - August 14, 2019
- SRP-12138 Invalidate authorization token on logout / website restart
- SRP-12165 Invalidate authorization token when user updated or deleted
- Expanded Alert Configuration API to allow for the updating of comments on any alert configuration
- Expanded Alert Configuration API to allow for the updating of notification settings on any alert configuration
- Added example scripts for Alert Configuration API for updating comments and updating notification settings
- SRP-12150 Fixed an issue where the monitored servers page would be empty if there was a large number of monitored servers
- SRP-12173 Fixed an issue with alerts not correctly sending email notifications when ending
- SRP-12158 In the PowerShell API, Get-InstanceForMachine now represents a default instance name as '(local)', to be consistent with other cmdlets in the API
Version 9.1.0 - July 24, 2019
- Expanded API to allow enabling or disabling alerts at the group level
- Expanded API to allow disabling alerts at the base monitor level
- Example scripts for API now available in product at Configuration > Example scripts
- SRP-12118 Fix issue with multiple base monitors causing connections to not be closed
- SRP-12115 Fixed an issue that could cause the API command Get-Clusters to error if there were clusters without machines in the database (including recently added clusters)
- SRP-12087 Fixed an issue with changing recovery model not clearing log backup overdue alerts