SQL Backup Pro 7.4 release notes
Published 19 June 2013
We have recently discovered a security vulnerability in SQL Backup Pro 7.4 and SQL Backup Pro 7.5. This has been fixed in SQL Backup Pro 7.6.
August 5th, 2013
Updates to the SQL Backup Pro Hosted Storage website:
- Option to set a retention policy to delete all backup files older than a specified age automatically.
- Issues with DNS and token timeouts have been fixed.
- Minor performance and usability improvements.
June 20th, 2013
This is a minor release of SQL Backup Pro and includes the following enhancements and bug fixes:
- Changes to the Install Server Components and Upgrade Server Components wizards to facilitate installing and upgrading the server components on remote machines. You will need to specify an account which is an administrator on the machine in order to install or upgrade the server components.
- When backing up or restoring, you can use WITH ERASEFILES_PRIMARY and ERASEFILES_SECONDARY to manage existing backup files.
For more information, see The BACKUP command and The RESTORE command. These options are not available from the GUI.
- When restoring transaction log backups, you can use WITH DELAY to specify a minimum age for backups. This is useful if you are log shipping to a standby server, and want to maintain that server at a certain period of time behind the primary server. This option is not available from the GUI.
- SB-5415 - When installing the server components with the /Log switch, account passwords are no longer recorded in plain text in the log.
- SB-5446 - SQL Backup server components installer checks that the user is a member of the SQL Server sysadmin role before attempting the installation.
- SB-5447 - The server components installer (SQBServerSetup.exe) displays error messages correctly.
- SB-5448 - A clearer message is displayed when the SQL Backup Pro GUI is closed while a backup is in progress.
- SB-5482 - Details of servers on non-standard ports are now stored correctly in the backup header, so backups can be identified by the ERASEFILES options.
- SB-5501 - Including WITH COPYTO and VERIFY in a BACKUP LOGS command no longer causes the backup files to be copied twice.
- SQBCE-52 - When logging in to the SQL Backup Pro Hosted Storage website, error messages are no longer displayed when form details are cleared
- SQL Backup Pro does not currently support installation on Windows Server 2012 with Failover Clustering
- When installing on a remote server where UAC is turned on for the account specified in step 1 of the Install Server Components wizard, local users other than built-in users cannot be used.