SQL Backup Pro 7.5 release notes
Published 25 September 2013
We have recently discovered a security vulnerability in SQL Backup Pro 7.4 and 7.5. This has been fixed in SQL Backup Pro 7.6.
November 29th, 2013
This is a minor release of SQL Backup Pro and includes the following enhancements and bug fixes:
- Improved Windows 2012 Cluster installation support
- SQL Server 2012 support in the Maintenance Plan Conversion Wizard.
When backing up, you can use the USEQUEUEDCOPY keyword to place backup files in the transaction log copy queue providing additional retries.
This means that in the event of long network outages, SQL Backup will keep trying to copy the file for 24 hours
For more information, see The BACKUP command. This option is not available from the GUI.
Allow reading of password from a text file, as an alternative to storing it in a SQL Server Agent Job. This means access to the password can be restricted using Windows file permissions.
For more information, see The BACKUP command and The RESTORE command. This option is not available from the GUI.
- Improved upload performance for backups to Hosted Storage.
- SB-5390 - Can use scroll wheel on timeline.
- SB-5516 - Correct error message when user tries to install on an instance that isn't running.