To use SQL Source Control, you need:
- SQL Server Management Studio 2005 (RTM, SP1, SP2, SP3, and SP4), 2008 (RTM, SP1, SP2, R2, R2 SP1, and R2 SP2), 2012, or 2014 (CTP2)
- Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows 7, or Windows 8
- .NET Framework 4 or later
- MDAC 2.8+
If you're using Team Foundation Server, you also need a compatible version of Team Explorer. For more information, see this troubleshooting page.
Supported SQL Server versions
- SQL Server 2005 (RTM, SP1, SP2, SP3 and SP4)
- SQL Server 2008 (RTM, SP1, SP2, R2, R2 SP1, and R2 SP2)
- SQL Server 2012 (RTM)
- SQL Server 2014 (RTM)
SQL Source Control doesn't support SQL Server 2000, SQL Express, SQL Azure or SSMS Express.