Published 05 March 2017
The ReadyRoll release components depend on the packages created by the build components.
The ReadyRoll release components work with any release server (eg, VSTS/TFS, Octopus Deploy, Bamboo, etc), and let you:
- preview database changes before they are deployed
- automate deployments of database changes, alongside application changes
- Any release server that can run PowerShell
- On the agents:
- Microsoft SQL Server Native Client (x86/x64)
- Microsoft Command Line Utilities for SQL Server (x86/x64)
- After installing the above, the machine (or agent process) must be restarted: the above installer adds the utility to the PATH system environment variable, enabling ReadyRoll to find and execute the SqlCmd utility.
The release components are created by the build components during a build, so there's nothing to install.