Rolling back ad-hoc using SQL Compare
Published 22 August 2019
SQL Compare can deploy a database associated with a SQL Change Automation project back to a previous state by checking out a previous version of that project from version control, although there are a number of caveats.
Run the following steps:
- Check out the version of the project to roll back to from version control
- Use SQL Compare to update your development database using the SQL Change Automation project
- Check out the latest of the project from version control
- Open the project in your IDE of choice
- Generate a migration script from the differences between your database script and project. This can be used as a revert script by deploying your project as normal
Didn't find what you were looking for?
- Visit the Redgate forum
- Contact Support