About SQL Change Automation
Published 31 July 2019
SQL Change Automation allows you to develop and deploy changes to a SQL Server database. It is designed to be integrated with source control systems. A SQL Change Automation project consists of files, mainly SQL scripts, stored under a specific folder structure. Therefore, projects can be tracked with source control without any extra configuration. It enables you to automate validation and testing, which can also be performed on build and release management systems such as Azure DevOps, TeamCity and Octopus Deploy. It is part of the SQL Toolbelt and when used alongside other SQL Toolbelt tools, such as SQL Test and SQL Data Generator, you can set up a full continuous delivery process for your database.
This section will provide a broad overview of SQL Change Automation, its purpose and benefits, as follows:
- What is SQL Change Automation?
- Why do I Need SQL Change Automation to Build a Database?
- How does SQL Change Automation work?
- How will SQL Change Automation improve our database development practices?
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery with SQL Change Automation
Didn't find what you were looking for?
- Visit the Redgate forum
- Contact Support