SQL Change Automation SSMS 4.0 release notes
Published 31 July 2019
4.0.19303 - October 30th, 2019
- Updated SQL Compare Engine to 220.127.116.1193
- The development database widget does not use a default connection string when no development database is set. This means that the development database will have to be specified.
- SCA-2657: Increased maximum length for showing database name before truncating it
4.0.19296 - October 23rd, 2019
- Updated SQL Compare Engine to 18.104.22.16818
4.0.19288 - October 15th, 2019
- Updated SQL Compare Engine to 22.214.171.12443
- Stop SCA from automatically opening the SCA tab every time SSMS is opened.
- The offline schema model is now updated as part of the apply action, to help ensure it is not out of sync when migrations are created manually
- The development database widget on the Generate Migrations and Apply pages is updated on refresh if the user settings file has been altered on disk
4.0.19275 - October 2nd, 2019
- Updated SQL Compare Engine to 126.96.36.19972
4.0.19270 - September 27th, 2019
- Fixed an issue in the database connection dialog where the database name text box may submit the old value when pressing enter, if the text box had not lost focus.
4.0.19267 - September 25th, 2019
- SQL Change Automation in SSMS now allows previewing and generating migrations for stUpdated atic data changes. To configure static data to be tracked you can edit the project settings manually or in Visual Studio.
4.0.19261 - September 18th, 2019
- SQL Change Automation in SSMS now supports AlwaysUseDefaultConnectionForShadowDatabase user setting
4.0.19259 - September 17th, 2019
- SCA-1469: We now use the windows credential manager to store database passwords
- Fixed an issue where some customers may not be able to activate the product with their serial number
4.0.19255 - September 13th, 2019
- Updated SQL Compare Engine to 188.8.131.5221
- Recently used database server information now works across some other RedGate tools
4.0.19246 - September 3rd, 2019
- Updated SQL Compare Engine to 184.108.40.20631
- Server retrieval in connection dialog now retrieves local server instances more comprehensively
4.0.19242 - August 30th, 2019
- Fixed an issue with trials not starting correctly
4.0.19241 - August 29th, 2019
- SQL Change Automation version 4 allows you to create and manage migration scripts in SQL Server Management Studio. This allows teams to collaborate across Visual Studio and SSMS, and allows developers to work in their IDE of choice.
- Updated SQL Compare Engine to 220.127.116.1147