Creating a data repository database
Published 21 October 2021
This page lists the error messages that might be displayed if SQL Monitor can't create the SQL Monitor database.
The errors might relate to the authentication details you entered or your current Windows login (i.e. the login on the PC running the installer).
Login failed for user <username>
- Username or password is incorrect.
- The account doesn't have permission to log in to the specified SQL Server.
CREATE DATABASE permission denied in database 'MASTER'
- The account doesn't have CREATE DATABASE permissions on the SQL Server.
- dbcreator role permissions are required.
A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible
- the SQL Server name is entered correctly.
- the database engine is configured to accept remote connections.
- the SQL Server service is running on the specified machine.
- your firewall is configured to allow connections to this server (check the port number and instance).
- the Network protocol is enabled/supported on the SQL Server (click Edit connection properties to change the network protocol).
- there is network connection to the host server (try pinging the server).
Login failed. The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with Windows authentication
- Make sure the account is a domain account.
- Make sure you're logged in to the right domain and that SQL Server is set up to allow this login.
A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the pre-login handshake
Didn't find what you were looking for?