SQL Search 2.3 release notes
Published 04 May 2016
Version 2.3.10 - integrated into Visual Studio 2017 RTM and published on VS Marketplace
- Added support for VS 2015
Version 2.3.9 - integrated into Visual Studio 2017 RC4
No functionality changes over 2.3.8
Version 2.3.8 - for SSMS February 2nd, 2017
- Improved sorting of search results, including stable sorting and correct ordering of jobs
- (VS only) There is now a 28-day grace period before sign-in with Redgate ID is required
- SDI-705 The indexer's database connections are closed as soon as indexing is finished.
- SDI-707 Database/server is now pre-selected based on current selection in Object Explorer
- No longer indexes databases before the SQL Search tab is opened.
Versions 2.3.4 through 2.3.7 were integration builds and are not for general release.
Version 2.3.3 - integrated into Visual Studio 2017 RC3
- This version is feature-equivalent with 2.3.2
Version 2.3.2 - January 5th, 2017
SDI-587 Will no longer try to index/search offline databases
SDI-681/8/91 Will no longer try to continually re-index a database if a user does not have
permission to access that database
More conservative feature usage reporting
Disables 'Show in Object Explorer' link for jobs when the SQL Server Agent not running
Version 2.3.1 - July 27th, 2016
- No longer requires .NET 3.5 installed if .NET 4.0 is installed
- New feature usage reporting. Opt in/out from Help > Help us improve our products...
- Latest UI components
Version 2.3.0 - May 4th, 2016
- Support for latest SSMS preview builds (based on VS2015 shell)
- New product logo
- New product switcher, accessible from the product logo in the top left corner