ANTS Memory Profiler 8.1 release notes
Published 18 October 2013
November 5th, 2013
- Support for applications using over 4GB of memory.
Snapshots are limited to 4GB for performance reasons, which previously meant that applications using over 4GB couldn't be profiled.
In ANTS Memory Profiler 8.1, these applications can be profiled, because in large snapshots, object values are left out to make space for reference data.
Leaving out object values preserves all references, but means values aren't available on the Instance list and Instance retention graph.
- Taking snapshots can be made faster by choosing not to collect the values of objects.
You can select this option when setting up a profiling session.
- Error reporting has been extended to the profiler's unmanaged core.
- MP-2014 - Improved performance when profiling unmanaged memory
- The 4GB snapshot limit still applies, so applications with more than 4GB of reference data still can't be profiled.