SmartAssembly 6.9 release notes
Published 17 October 2014
October 27th, 2014
With this release, we have officially removed support for Compact Framework, which has been unreliable in several versions. To use SmartAssembly with Compact Framework applications, downgrade to SmartAssembly 6.2.
This is a minor release of SmartAssembly which includes the following enhancements and bug fixes:
- SmartAssembly now builds applications targeting .NET 4.5.1 and 4.5.2
- Feature Usage Reporting now reports .NET 4.5.1 and 4.5.2 and Windows 10 Preview.
- SA-1496: NullReference exception when performing method parameter obfuscation on an unverifiable object.
- SA-1669: Information exception on startup when SmartAssembly couldn't connect to its SQL database.
- SA-1700: InvalidProgram exception caused by dependency properties.
- SA-1707: InvalidOperation exception when the SmartAssembly project excluded something from pruning that didn't exist in the project.
- SA-1755: Reflection doesn't work after obfuscation when a method parameter has default values, and the application targets .NET 4 or later.
- SA-1826: When an assembly is built with Prefer32Bit set to true, SmartAssembly changes the assembly's ProcessorArchitecture from MSIL to X86
- SA-1847: BadImageFormat exception when writing PDB file for .NET 4.5 and later applications (This issue was only present in SmartAssembly 6.9 beta)