SQL Virtual Restore 2 release notes
Published 06 February 2015
Version 2.4 - September 5th, 2012
SQL Virtual Restore 2.4 is a minor release and includes the following enhancements and bug fixes:
- SQL Virtual Restore wizard now supports SQL Server 2012.
- SQL Virtual Restore can now restore from a backup on the A or B drive.
- xp_validate_sqb_backup will now work with non-default HyperBac index locations. This procedure may be used as part of SQL Virtual Restore or SQL HyperBac.
- HyperBacSupportInfo.zip: Output file is now called SupportLogsAndSystemData.zip
- The HyperBac Driver should no longer cause a Blue Screen if an error occurs while the driver is being loaded into the Kernel.
Version 2.3 - February 17th, 2011
SQL Virtual Restore 2.3 is a minor release and includes the following enhancements and bug fixes:
- Compression saving summary
- More intelligent file selection
- Auto configuration
- Better support for striping and multi-file backups
- Ability to cancel the restore
- Bug fixes around permissions and Windows 2000 compatibility
Version 2.2 - November 10th, 2010
SQL Virtual Restore 2.2 is a minor release and includes the following enhancements and bug fixes:
- Added support for encrypted SQL Backup backup files
- Usability improvements to the Wizard
- New ‘checkdb/dropdb’ work flow added
- Bug fixes
Version 2.1 - September 23rd, 2010
SQL Virtual Restore 2.1 is a minor release and includes fixes to the GUI when timeouts expire.
Version 2.0 - July 22nd, 2010
SQL Virtual Restore 2.0 includes the following changes:
- SQL Virtual Restore is now available as a standalone tool on www.red-gate.com in version 2.0. Prior to the release of version 2.0, SQL Virtual Restore was available as an integrated functionality module of HyperBac Online from www.hyperbac.com.
- Support for multiple backup types: SQL Virtual Restore now supports full, differential and transaction log backups created with native SQL Server, SQL HyperBac and SQL Backup Pro.
- New Support documentation.
- New logo and visual identity.
SQL Virtual Restore 2.0 and future versions will now be available to download from www.red-gate.com, following the acquisition of HyperBac Technologies by Red Gate Software.
SQL Virtual Restore customers with licenses using versions earlier than 2.0 can either download version 2.0 from the SQL Virtual Restore product area on www.red-gate.com or login to their customer account on www.hyperbac.com.
Note for HyperBac for SQL Server customers using version 4.xx and earlier
Please note that trialling and/or activating a full license of SQL Virtual Restore requires installation of the latest version of the HyperBac engine components. This will require you to perform a major version upgrade of HyperBac for SQL Server version 4.xx to version 5. Please contact Red Gate to obtain a new serial number to be able to perform the upgrade. More information is available in the release notes for this upgrade.