Changing results display options
Published 03 December 2012
Changing the results display options is only available in ANTS Performance Profiler 7.4.
- Scope: Controls which methods are displayed in the call tree or methods grid:
- All methods: Shows all methods called during the selected period, including .NET framework class-library methods.
- Methods with source: Shows only those methods for which the profiler can locate source code.
- If you have selected methods with source and are not seeing certain methods that you expect,
Filtered methods: Shows methods according to filters you have selected. For details on filtering, see Filtering below.
- Threads: filters the display of stack traces by thread.
- Timing mode: controls the way in which method timings are calculated. You can choose from:
- Wall-clock time: includes blocking, such as waiting for I/O. Can be less reliable on virtual machines.
- CPU time: excludes blocking.
Note that the profiler initially records timings in CPU ticks, and converts them to milliseconds when Wall-clock time is selected. CPU tick recording can be unreliable if a process runs on more than one processor.
- Timing units: controls how to display time. You can choose from:
- Percentages: displays the time the method took as a percentage of the period currently selected on the timeline.
- Direction (call tree only): controls whether the call tree is displayed top-down (calling methods above called methods) or bottom-up (called methods above calling methods)
You can also reorder the call tree. To change the stack-trace order, click the Time With Children (%) column heading.